Transmitter question.

Jerry

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hi!
I was wondering if someone could help me with a question.
I was recently searching for a way to pick up a couple channels in my area that I'm not getting when I came across something very interesting. I'll share the link to help explain my question. Selective TV | Alexandria, MN

Now,these towers are about 42 miles from me and after multiple emails to the site the only answer they give me is that a person needs to be around 35 miles from the towers.

My question is does anyone think that there is a way for me to pull their signal in?
I pull two signal in from about 50 miles away at the moment.
Or is the obvious answer that they just don't have a powerful enough transmitter?
Thanks for any help/advice.

For 33 and 32 I really don't have a good answer. Possibly antenna placement and aiming. I would question an analog 32 being on the air.
For KCCO, or possibly KCCW the addition of a VHF antenna and a UVSJ will be needed. There are very few currently available VHF only antennas. Here is the one that comes to mind.
Stellar Labs Fringe Directional Antenna VHF-HI HDTV 174 - 230MHz | 30-2475 (302475) | Stellar Labs
The UVSJ.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-2230
There is no guarantee of success as the signals are not very strong.
The signals from the translators 43 miles away are blocked by terrain and are predicted to be almost impossible to receive. There is some severe terrain blockage.
Steve