True Blood, a scary drama coming up

Trusted Writer

DTVUSA Jr. Member
September is just around the corner and all the TV networks are getting ready to broadcast the new seasons of their popular shows and series.

Out of curiosity, I was browsing HBO's website and I found True Blood, which plot is this:
Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.
I don't know about you, but suddenly I thought of Buffy and Van Helsing, this is a new vampire era just timely for Halloween time.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Quite an interesting plot! LOL "a handsome 173-year-old living up the road".

I haven't seen any previews or heard any other buzz about it other than the net.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I know it was on the other night and though I wasn't able to watch it, I did dvr it. I love vampire stories. So I hope this one lives up to expectations.

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I saw previews for this and I was really excited when about it, then I realized it was on HBO and I don't have that channel. I will have to watch it somewhere else because I really want to see if it will be a must watch.