Trying to share WD Elements HD on home network via RAC2V1S USB - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Trying to share WD Elements HD on home network via RAC2V1S USB", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Hi all

I just bought a WD Elements 8Tb hard drive and would like to access it via different computers on the home network, all running Win10. The drive works fine when plugged into any of the machines, but when I connect it to the USB port on the RAC2V1S router, I can't access it. It's showing up as a Connected USB Device under Storage and is set to Share, but when I copy & paste either of the two paths listed under Mass Storage into my File Explorer address bar, I keep getting asked by Windows to choose one of two certificates, both of which expired in 2017. No matter which one I choose, I get asked for my login (which I'm assuming is the router login) then get a popup notification that 'Windows cannot access' the drive's file location.

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I'm thinking the USB port can't be disabled since the drive wouldn't show up in the router gui, would it?

Thanks for any help.

Trying to share WD Elements HD on home network via RAC2V1S USB?