Tsunami warning for south Alaska and Hawaii after 7.7 BC quake

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
I felt and heard a bump here in Seattle while watching the original Star Trek on MeTV tonight because one of my tall antenna masts went THUMP and it was heard around the house. I went outside to check on it and it was ever so slightly swinging in the wind. I have my own weather station here http://www.dtvusaforum.com/content/649-weather-station-your-antenna-mast.html and it reported a peak wind of 14 mph, so I assumed that a gust of wind caused the noise and I dismissed it.

It turns out, there was a significant seismic event up in "The Great White North" (we tease Canadians that way) ... At the time of this writing, details are sketchy but the local ABC Affiliate link below provides some information.

Jim

Tsunami warning for southern Alaska, Hawaii after 7.7 BC quake | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

--------------------------
Updates:

Small tsunami waves hit Hawaii after Canada earthquake

From the Article:

... "Fryer said the largest wave in the first 45 minutes of the tsunami was measured in Maui at more than 5 feet -- about 2 feet higher than normal sea levels." ...

Small tsunami waves hit Hawaii after Canada earthquake - World News

National Weather Service cancels tsunami alerts after massive Canadian quake

From the article:

... "Dennis Sinnott of the Canadian Institute of Ocean Science said a 27 inch wave was recorded off Langara Island on the northeast tip of Haida Gwaii, formerly called the Queen Charlotte Islands. The islands are home to about 5,000 people, many of them members of the Haida aboriginal group. Another 21 inch wave hit Winter Harbour on the northeast coast of Vancouver Island." ...

National Weather Service cancels tsunami alerts after massive Canadian quake | Fox News

Attachments