Question: Tuner fror front projector

srbarny

DTVUSA Rookie
I bought an Epson projector which watch movies on, but I'd like to watch cable TV on it. From what I've read, I need a QAM tuner. I only have basic cable on my other TV and don't want to have to pay much for a tuner nor rent a box or card. I've seen a lot of boxes on EBay, some with DVRs, what would work? My main desire is a QAM tuner.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I assume you have the projector hooked to a computer. I also assume you have DIGITAL cable?

Cheapest and easiest way to get TV to your projector, then - you can just buy a USB tuner that gets both ATSC OTA and Cable QAM, prices range from $25 to $75. If you have Windows 7, Windows Media Center is included and easy to use.

If you are getting ANALOG basic cable, you'll need an NTSC analog tuner. They are pretty cheap and easy to find used or new online.

Last edited:

srbarny

DTVUSA Rookie
Right now the projector is only hooked up to a DVD player and XBox, not a computer. I'm just subscribed to basic cable, but I have a plasma TV that recieves extra hd channels and I assume thats because of the QAM tuner. I'd like to recieve the same on my projector.

I assume you have the projector hooked to a computer. I also assume you have DIGITAL cable?

Cheapest and easiest way to get TV to your projector, then - you can just buy a USB tuner that gets both ATSC OTA and Cable QAM, prices range from $25 to $75. If you have Windows 7, Windows Media Center is included and easy to use.

If you are getting ANALOG basic cable, you'll need an NTSC analog tuner. They are pretty cheap and easy to find used or new online.