TV antenna array

I have been experimenting with arrays of antennas for television reception. My goal has been to get the best reception from as many TV stations as possible. First I experimented with different orientations of one directional antenna. I pointed the antenna due north and recorded the stations I could receive. Then I began to change the orientation a few degrees at a time. I determined that if I rotated the antenna by about 30 degrees, I would receive a new set of TV stations.
Then I tried to sum together multiple antennas so I could receive as many channels as possible without rotating the antenna. The antenna signals are summed in a combiner or splitter. The output of the splitter should go to an amplifier. I use the RCA TVPREAMP 1R. Summing together two antennas and then three I found I was I able to pick up the TV stations from all the directions. In fact, the sensitivity in all three directions was improved. If more than three antennas are used, amplifiers are needed at intermediate junctions in the splitters.

You might find this thread interesting.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-hdtv...-results-3-antenna-solution.html#.U-aIWWPG_6c
I don't know if you posted looking for advice, or just to tell us about what you are putting together. Either way you didn't provide enough information for your post to have any significant meaning.
Posting a TV fool report is a good start.
TV Fool
What kind of antennas are you using? How far apart are they mounted? Outside, or in an attic? How high are they? What stations do you receive, or hope to receive?
Yes proper placement, of the correct amplifiers can be useful in some antenna systems.
Combined antenna systems pointing different directions can sometimes result in a lot of problems that are not always easy to solve.
Steve

The output of the splitter should go to an amplifier.
Hey Mike! Conventional wisdom says the pre-amplifier should always come BEFORE any splitters. Amplifier should be as close to the antenna as possible. You might want to switch it around. Might get even better!

I use the RCA TVPREAMP 1R.
We've recommended the TVPRAMP1R many times on this forum. MrPogi did a review a couple years ago: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/blogs/mrpogi/112-review-rca-tvpramp1r-outdoor-antenna-preamplifier.html

If more than three antennas are used, amplifiers are needed at intermediate junctions in the splitters.
But maybe not, if you get the first one placed correctly ... ?

R.