TV App freezes some downloaded DVR programing - XFinity

Using an iPad Pro, with OS 10.2 and the Xfinity TV App.

I am recording programs from X1 DVR at home. I download the program to my iPad Pro at home on my Xfinity wifi network using the TV app. The download is successful.

When I use the App, I turn the wifi OFF. I select the downloaded program and push WATCH. But as it plays, some programs (but not all) will freeze up during playback. Rarely at the start - most of the time 10-15 minutes into a 60 minute show.

Sometimes, I am able to push the 15 sec forward button and the downloaded program will start playing again (but 15 seconds forward). Other times, the program will reset itself back to time 0:00:00 and ask me to start playing it again. If I use the manual time slider, I can push the timeline past the "freeze point" and the TV App will play from that point. (or at least until it hits another freeze point)

Interestingly, I returned one program that seemed to freeze every couple minutes to X1 cloud and watched it at home - without a single freeze up!! Re-downloaded the program to the iPad/TV app - and it still froze up every couple minutes.

This happens more frequently with sports programs than regular shows.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

This question, "TV App freezes some downloaded DVR programing," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television Apps.

For other news regarding TV App freezes some downloaded DVR programing, and XFinity - Comcast Television Apps, see our recommended stories below.