TV Guide Plus on old JVC AV 27890

mbient

DTVUSA Jr. Member
This feature stopped working after I recently installed the mandatory PACE DC50X DTA to get ready for Comcast's conversion to digital in the SF area.

Tried to renew the set up for the TV's Guide Plus feature, but was stymied when it asked if a cable box was in use, I responded YES, but then didn't have a code for the PACE box. Since there wasn't a cable box installed before, I ahd answered NO to the cable box question, thus I was never asked for a cable box code.

Contacted JVC and was told the equipment codes are all hard-wired for this 1996 technology, so obviously, no code for the new PACE box.

I can tell that the info update signal is still being broadcast, since the little red indicator light on the front of the set still blinks when the broadcast is scheduled. However, no data is being stored on the TV's internal HD. I believe the signal this old TV uses to update the HD is the same as the TVGOS data signal, but not sure.

Any ideas on how I could get around this problem?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
This feature stopped working after I recently installed the mandatory PACE DC50X DTA to get ready for Comcast's conversion to digital in the SF area.

Tried to renew the set up for the TV's Guide Plus feature, but was stymied when it asked if a cable box was in use, I responded YES, but then didn't have a code for the PACE box. Since there wasn't a cable box installed before, I ahd answered NO to the cable box question, thus I was never asked for a cable box code.

Contacted JVC and was told the equipment codes are all hard-wired for this 1996 technology, so obviously, no code for the new PACE box.

I can tell that the info update signal is still being broadcast, since the little red indicator light on the front of the set still blinks when the broadcast is scheduled. However, no data is being stored on the TV's internal HD. I believe the signal this old TV uses to update the HD is the same as the TVGOS data signal, but not sure.

Any ideas on how I could get around this problem?
Searched the net this evening and haven't found anyone asking the same question. Hope you don't mind, I've emailed this thread to TV Guide On Screen Support - Macrovision Will let you know if they respond by email. Until then, if anyone else has any suggestions, post away!