TV-Signoffs.Com website

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
This website focuses mostly on vintage TV station sign-offs from the days when television stations would cease their operations overnight.

TV-signoffs.com - J. Alan Wall's Television Station Sign-Off Site

TV-Signoffs.com also has several final sign-offs from the 2009 analog to digital transition period as well as a current TV sign-off from a channel out of Providence RI., WPRI-TV Channel 12. Who would have known some TV stations still go off the air overnight? And just as a bonus, the site also features a "CLASSIC CARTOON SHORT" which is updated every Mon and Thur.

It's a really fun website with tons of "TV-Signoff" video clips from around the country and it covers the decades from the 1950's on.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Tim, thank you! :thumb:

That's an excellent website that brings to memory many of the 'Mr Announcer Man' voices from my late-night viewing days, many years ago. I had completely forgotton about the Native American Lord's Prayer / KCPQ sign-off shown below. It is from about a year before the station became a FOX affiliate.

Jim

[video]http://www.tv-signoffs.com/clips/KCPQ-signoff-1985.htm[/video]

Last edited:

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Ah man, that's beautiful. I don't recall ever seeing it around here but it may be something shown on television stations out west.
The description on the website reads that it was a fellow named Chief Shatka Bear-Step featured in the film and I tried looking him up with little success. Wikipedia has no information about him but I did find a book review of him on Amazon which stated that he passed on in 1980.

That really is a beautiful film and I'd recommend that everyone checks it out at Fringe Reception's link above.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Tim,

Chief Shatka Bearstep was the "Nez Pearce" - (properly pronounced Nez Per-Say) Chief who was a Christian leader in their Tribe. The Tribe is known for their Appoloosa Horse "program" as in specifically breeding to 'invent' them! There are arguements to their claim.

Jim

PS From the late 1970's, Gino Vanilli's song Appoloosa is okay if you're driving miles down the freeway but it is not very good as a dance song.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DirecTV 0
I Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 0