Question: tv with no antenna plug

kiwi

DTVUSA Rookie
hello i have a question and need help i have a panasonic tv with no speaker. i want to watch local channels on it but there is no plug to put a converter box antenna..can someone help me please....

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: kiwi,
IF ... you will give us details about your Panasonic Model / name of your set, it would really help our group to help you. Photos would especially help. By the way, I have never heard of a TV set without a speaker. Are you talking about a CRT computer monitor?
Jim

FOX TV

Contributor
No antenna input !

no the screws dont look like that. i have a tv with no speakers maybe thatll help
It sounds to me like what you have is a studio / professional video monitor, and it will only accept composite video input. if it has the RCA type connector in the back (Sometimes colored Yellow), it will display the video only from the converter box. Some models support audio too, but most don't.

To get the audio, you need an audio amplifier, or a cheap solution is to get a inexpensive pair of amplified computer speakers that have their own power supply (Not the USB type), adapt or replace the the 1/8 inch stereo plug with RCA type connectors. hook the converted speakers to the audio outputs (White and Red). if you have a stereo amplifier available, you can hook the converter boxes audio outputs to a conventional stereo amplifier/ FM Receiver unit with a 6 to 8 dollar cable from Radio Shack or Wal-mart.

Don_M

DTVUSA Member
To get the audio, you need an audio amplifier, or a cheap solution is to get a inexpensive pair of amplified computer speakers that have their own power supply (Not the USB type), adapt or replace the the 1/8 inch stereo plug with RCA type connectors. hook the converted speakers to the audio outputs (White and Red).
The Shack doesn't carry the adapter for this, but Monoprice does. Looks like this:

Don't know whether it's at Wally World.

If you have a stereo amplifier available, you can hook the converter boxes audio outputs to a conventional stereo amplifier/ FM Receiver unit with a 6 to 8 dollar cable from Radio Shack or Wal-mart.
These are a lot more common at the B&M stores.