TWC/Spectrum app is (didn't think it was possible) SUBSTANTIALLY worse since Spectrum

I've looked unsuccessfully for an app specifically for my Samsung 55" class 8500 tv. No such luck. Guess TWC doesn't think it's a big enough brand to write an app for. Instead I have to run input through Roku 3. I've got myriad apps on roku, including Amazon, Netflix, PBS, History channel, and about 20 others. All work fine EXCEPT TWC. I was hoping things would change with the new Spectrum rebrand. And I correct. Just a few days ago I was getting continuously deteriorating transmissions. Interruptions and rebuffering several tims a minute, skips and jump cutting segments when the signal does come through. Really unacceptably horrible. But gues what happens now. In addition to the foregoing, I now have the added privilege having the resolution drop to something akin to poor antenna reception on a 1960's tv.... maybe a 1980' game boy... no now that I think of it that low resolution was at least crisp. What's great about the muddy low resolution is that it somewhat masks yet a new feature brought to me from the rebranded Spectrum app. And tha wonderful feature is (and this is brand new) the voice is out of sync with the lousy picture. I feel I'm watching Godzilla on a not ready to be realeased 1960's TV that's been poorly dubbed.

In the last one minute I've had 3 rebufferings of at least 5 seconds (frozen screen) probably 6 jumps or skips... you know.... there are fractions of signal cut out so you only get part of the sound, like bad tape splicing. All while watching the TV resolution peak out about 720 and the yoyo between that and about 240.

If Amazon, Netflix, etal can deliver over Roku without any of these problems, why can't TWC. Rabbit ears would work substantially better than this. Paying for this splop is demoralizing.

This question is about "TWC/Spectrum app is (didn't think it was possible) SUBSTANTIALLY worse since Spectrum rebrand", with Time Warner Cable TV and apps.

G

If you are only connecting to your wireless g network through your roku, you'll probably continue to have the problems you are experiencing. I would suggest connecting to your wireless n network. You'll get much better quality and much less buffering.

G

You do not pay for the Spectrum TV app. You pay for internet / TV service. Quit being so entitled and figure out your bandwidth issue.

G

His is not a bandwidth issue. There are multiple threads on both TWC TV and Roku that speak specifically to the lousy application TWC is providing. Your argument that we did not pay for the Spectrum TV app is not valid. When I subscribed to TWC this was touted as "TV anywhere" capability that was included as part of the "TV service". They promote the app as a way to avoid set top box fees yet it does not replace the STB. I was online with TWC and specifically asked the sales agent if it would work on my Sony Smart TV and was told yes. Buyer beware - it does not. My decision to leave AT&T was largely based on the ability to eliminate STB payments. I bought a Roku just to find out it could not actually run the app. I am switching back to AT&T where they have a wireless STB that is a fraction of the cost of TWC.