Two Caans on One Hawaii Five-O

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
People have been waiting for this news, and there were rumors of it happening a few months ago when James Caan showed up in Hawaii to visit his son, Scott, who co-stars in Hawaii Five-0. James will be guest starring in an episode this season, but we don't have any details on it. He really needs to play Scott's dad in the show so he can recur. That's my hope anyway. While the series stars Alex O'Loughlin, I've said from the beginning that Scott has stolen his thunder with his character. At any rate, the two Caans episode airs sometime in February.

SWHouston

Staff member
This doesn't' have a lot to do with the cast/characters, but...

I have been increasingly disgruntled with the portrayal of Law Enforcement on this Series, CSI/all and several others as well. It seems like they think that our Police are above the Law, just kick a door in on some comment from an associate about allegedly hearing a cry for help, when we know there wasn't any, and it's on and on with this stuff. Plus, the insistent bickering between the characters. If I were their "boss", I'd start firring them.

This doesn't' have a lot to do with the cast/characters, but...

I have been increasingly disgruntled with the portrayal of Law Enforcement on this Series, CSI/all and several others as well. It seems like they think that our Police are above the Law, just kick a door in on some comment from an associate about allegedly hearing a cry for help, when we know there wasn't any, and it's on and on with this stuff. Plus, the insistent bickering between the characters. If I were their "boss", I'd start firring them.
If police actually had all the crime fighting technology displayed on NCIS and Hawaii 5-0 there wouldn't be any crime. Just watch the reality TV cop shows......the mode of operation (MO) is the cop in car drives to crime scene and runs after the bad guy.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
If police actually had all the crime fighting technology displayed on NCIS and Hawaii 5-0 there wouldn't be any crime.
Are you suggesting surveillance cameras with wide-angle "milk-bottle-bottom" lenses mounted on the third floor of buildings aimed at parking lots, can't actually read a perps business card from 300+ feet distance at night during a rain storm? :doh:

Jim

Orrymain

The sad reality is that there is a lot of abuse on today's police forces. We have a big mess going on in a nearby community, and I still think the LAPD think they are above the law in oh so many ways. It's sad. I support these guys but the percentage of bad cops or bad tactics have grown. Maybe it's training; they need more advanced training on how to do with bad situations.

n2rj

Staff member
If police actually had all the crime fighting technology displayed on NCIS and Hawaii 5-0 there wouldn't be any crime. Just watch the reality TV cop shows......the mode of operation (MO) is the cop in car drives to crime scene and runs after the bad guy.
Oh God yes. I HATE the fake science and technology on those shows!

I have seen the NYPD's computer systems up close and trust me they are nothing like what you see on CSI:NY!

n2rj

Staff member
The sad reality is that there is a lot of abuse on today's police forces. We have a big mess going on in a nearby community, and I still think the LAPD think they are above the law in oh so many ways. It's sad. I support these guys but the percentage of bad cops or bad tactics have grown. Maybe it's training; they need more advanced training on how to do with bad situations.
It's a power trip. When you give these guys a gun and a badge and it naturally gives them a sense of superiority.

There are a LOT of good cops on the force but there are a ton of bad ones too. Much of this could be because the work is also very stressful. Early divorce, medical problems, alcoholism and drug abuse are all part of the police "lifestyle" because the work is so stressful.

There are a LOT of good cops on the force but there are a ton of bad ones too. Much of this could be because the work is also very stressful. Early divorce, medical problems, alcoholism and drug abuse are all part of the police "lifestyle" because the work is so stressful.
Much like any job, there are good workers and there are bad workers. Remember, cops see the worst of the worst. I have a friend who worked for the PD before going on to be a fireman, and he told me that after a couple of years with the PD, he could see how some people get disillusioned and think that everyone is guilty. Not an easy job.

Orrymain

I remember watching old police shows and I think it was something like the pilot to The Rookies where they showed the cadets having to deal with all the in your face stuff. I think they need more of that and how to handle it today. In fact, that LA incident had a comment from a returned Vet who said he thought that's what they needed, which is similar to what the soldiers had gone through. I don't like the abuse. The taser thing is out of control. I just think more training, counseling or whatever is needed than they are getting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DirecTV 0