TWO RTVs?

Yup, at least for me, i have two RTV networks...one's the usual local one, the other is from WPSD Local 6.

Not much though--as the RTV on WPSD is exactly the same as the feed on WEHT 25.2....i have zero program guide data on that channel but from what i'm comparing on the different RTVs they're simulcasting the same data.

WSIL 3 is coming in 100% (WOW!) but it's a main and a sub, unfortunately the sub is the same as the main, but only fills half my screen...

WAZE has been a regular ('bout time!) for a few weeks too, but i don't get data on that one, either.

What exactly is going on when my receiver shows 'DTV Program?' and how does that differ from 'No Data?'

Last edited:

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
No Data means the station's not sending anything.

DTV Program means the station is sending data, but its contents are "DTV Program."

- Trip

Don_M

DTVUSA Member
Yup, at least for me, i have two RTV networks...one's the usual local one, the other is from WPSD Local 6.
Lucky you! We haven't seen it for a year. RTV's owner pulled the network off Equity Media's local station here when it stopped paying its bills in late 2008. An off-axis RTV affiliate is supposed to crank up to 1 megawatt from 280 watts this Thursday (Note to Trip: This is KCDO-Sterling, Display 3.1/RF 23). Full power will theoretically bring its signal into my corner of the Denver metro area, but at 55 miles out across two edges and with a TVFool noise margin of -6.4 dB, getting it reliably looks to be kinda dodgy... :Cry:

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'll be anxious to see KCDO on the air. Hopefully that signal will do something for you.

- Trip

Technically i shouldn't even be seeing WPSD-DT Paducah. it's over 98 miles away! i had to use two rolls of aluminum foil, high-grade satellite coax, and two 12dB amplifiers. i usually have to rotate the antenna every 15-20 minutes due to the signal 'moving around' which i didn't know was possible lol. i usually only tune to WPSD's local weather feed, as unlike the crap 14Xtra became here, is still 24/7 when i really need radar. i cannot afford to wait for storm sirens here since i live in a mobile and the sirens come on when the tornado is visible here, which i'd know ahead of time with 24/7 radar. plus, in any other weather, i just like the format of WPSD's local weather a lot more than the 14-WFIE one.

Don_M

DTVUSA Member
I'll be anxious to see KCDO on the air.
It can't happen until the LD it's bumping, KDEO, goes dark and moseys on up to RF 50. KDEO was still broadcasting on 23 a couple of hours ago, and I have yet to see any digital murmurs on channel 50. Thursday's only a couple of days away, boys... :yell: