Question: Type of antenna indoor outdoor etc...

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Yes, what Steve said. The report is too small, we need you to copy the URL generated by your report.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
TV Fool

Interesting report. There are stations coming from a wide angle. Indoors maybe a Winegard Flatwave. Outdoors an Antennas Direct C2-V maybe. CBS and Ion are going to be the hard ones to pick up.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: Pesti,

I don't like messing with indoor (compromised) antennas. If you were to try a tiny DB-2 outdoors, I bet you would be astonished by the results. When you move ANY antenna, be certain to "scan for new channels" every time you move it up/down/right/left.

It takes time but it IS worth scanning.

Jim

Last edited:
While the Antennas Direct C2-V with its wide forward beam width may be a good choice. In my opinion it does not qualify as inexpensive. I would certainly look at the other options in lower cost high VHF/UHF antennas. If you want to receive Fox you will need an antenna with some high VHF capability. I would suggest one of the Antenncraft HBU series antennas,(HBU22,HBU33) or Stellar Labs 30-2440 aimed at about 319 degrees.
AntennaCraft High-Band VHF UHF Outdoor HDTV Antenna (HBU22) from Solid Signal
AntennaCraft UHF/High-Band VHF Outdoor HDTV Antenna (HBU33) from Solid Signal
Stellar Labs VHF/UHF HDTV 60 Mile Fringe Yagi Antenna | 30-2440 (302440) | Stellar Labs
Even the small inexpensive Antennacraft HBU11 might work. AntennaCraft High-Band VHF/UHF Outdoor HDTV Antenna (HBU11) from Solid Signal
The signals from the 226 degree direction are quite strong, but could still present a problem being off to the side. You have a lot of strong signals. Indoor reception possibility depends a lot on what the building is made out of some building materials can completely block signals. Antenna placement and aiming will be critical. The Winegard Flatwave is not a bad choice. Get some extra coax and needed connector so you can move the antenna around experimenting with placement and aim. It's always great when everything turns out to be simple plug and play the first try, but it seldom works out that way. The main thing is to get an antenna, and try.
Steve