U-verse TV Intermittently not working. Must turn tv on/off 4-5 times and then it work

I have AT&Ts FTTP 1Gig service with Uverse TV. I have the PACE Model 5268AC FXN RG,a Cisco ISB7500 DVR SB and a Samsung Smart TV.

Every so often (every 10-14 days), my tv will not work. Meaning, I turn the tv on, the Uverse welcome screen appears with 'Select OK to continue to TV'. On the Uverse remote, I select Live TV , or Guide or Recordings and I will see that correctly for 5-10 seconds before the TV goes black. I will then need to turn the tv off/on 4-5 times for the problem to clear. Then I am good for another week or two.

I have a Samsung Smart TV, so when I turn the tv on, I get the Smart menu including Netflix, HBO, etc. If I use the Samsung remote to bring the Smart menu back up when the TV is dark, I can successfully go to Netflix or HBO, or whatever. So the problem does not appear to be with the TV.

I've reset the RG and it doesn't seem to reduce the frequency of this intermittent problem.

Ideas?

This question, "U-verse TV Intermittently not working. Must turn tv on/off 4-5 times and then it works again.," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.