Upgrade to 400mbps expectations? - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Upgrade to 400mbps expectations?", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Hello, I scheduled to set up new internet service at a new apartment at the end of July and choose the available 400x20 ultra plan for 73 and some change a month. I am currently on 200mbps and using spectrums ubee dvw32c1. I’m upgrading because I game a lot, and my wife and I have a lot of devices hooked up on WiFi at once. Talking to the rep when setting up, he said that they will be providing a modem and a router because they found out a combo does not do well on 400+. He did assure me there would be no extra modem or router charge on my bill.

Some questions...

what modem & router will they probably supply? I don’t see any equipment they provide that’s rated over 300 except for the technicolor tc4400 for gig.

Will the modem automatically be bridged or will I need to ask for that?

Will their modem & router be good enough for me? Or in your experiences?

If you do suggest getting a customer owned modem and/or router, what do you recommend?

How reliable is the advertised speed of 400 on your experience?

Anything I should look out for when the tech sets everything up and/ or after?

Thanks!

Upgrade to 400mbps expectations??

"what modem & router will they probably supply?"

Probably not a router that's going to improve your Wi-Fi connection while gaming by much, if at all.

"Will the modem automatically be bridged or will I need to ask for that?"

Should always ask just to be on the safe side.

"Will their modem & router be good enough for me? Or in your experiences?"

Probably not? I don't know. I'm not you and vice-versa.

"If you do suggest getting a customer owned modem and/or router, what do you recommend?"

Honestly, most routers are better. Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for and don't try to spare expense.

"How reliable is the advertised speed of 400 on your experience?"

You're always going to lose bandwidth and have a shakier connection over Wi-Fi. That's why you should always hardwire for gaming. Honestly, I always play while hardwired and have gig connection to ensure I have 0 problems, so no idea how your package will work for you.

"Anything I should look out for when the tech sets everything up and/ or after?"

Pull up your favorite MMO/multiplayer game, connect and see it in action the best you can before he leaves.