Upgrades for Existing Customers?

U

Unregistered

What's the best way to get DirecTV to give you an upgrade for their newest equipment? I'm currently in my 15th month of a 2 year contract and I'd like to get the new Genie DVR with a few Mini Genie DVRs.

What's the best way to get DirecTV to give you an upgrade for their newest equipment? I'm currently in my 15th month of a 2 year contract and I'd like to get the new Genie DVR with a few Mini Genie DVRs.
Hehehehehehe ... Have friends and relatives return all your equipment. Close the credit/debit card associated with your account as well as any related bank accounts. Have the relatives tell DirecTV you died. (This way they might not charge you for the remaining 9 months in your contract.) Get a new identity, and set up a new contract under a new name and card.

Oh, you wanted a LEGAL way to get an upgrade? [Gilda Radner voice:] Never mind. :becky:

Rick

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Have you tried to call them yet? That's your first option is, just speak to them about the possibility of upgrading to the Genie DVR. If they mention costs, let them know that you're not willing to pay extra and ask if there's anything they can do to get around it. It never hurts to ask.