Upgrading to a DVR?

TommN

DTVUSA Rookie
I still have a year left on my current DirecTV contract with 2 HD receivers. Does anyone know if DirecTV will let me upgrade for free to a DVR?

JD2013

DTVUSA Jr. Member
"I still have a year left on my current DirecTV contract with 2 HD receivers..."

Technically speaking most service providers including DirecTV only give "Free" equipment to new subscribers. The reason for this is because the cost of this equipment they are giving you is off-set by the value of the contract you have signed or are signing. Basically what I am telling you here is that you are actually not receiving anything at no cost regardless if it is labeled as "Free".

That being said, I have successfully negotiated equipment upgrades based upon agreement extension(s) on behalf of my clients many times in the past. Call DirecTV customer service and let them know you would like to inquire as to what options are available for upgrading mid-term (of your contract with them), and if necessary explain that you are willing to extend your contract with them for a longer period if that would be beneficial for both parties to be satisfied.

Good luck!!

DirecTV customer service: 1.800.531.5000