use existing expired cards

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
The NTIA (U.S. Government agency in charge of the coupon program) probably didn't consider that the 90 day expiration date would be an issue in the first place, but since there are almost 50% of the coupons expiring before use...It's a huge oversight.

Even if Congress eliminated the expiration date on the $40 coupon cards, they would still have to print new cards for expired coupon holders. The reasoning? Once your old coupon card expired, the funds were immediately returned to the NTIA converter box coupon program, and used to fund other DTV coupon applicants cards. Refunding the old expired cards would be a huge accounting debit and credit mess.

Chickie

DTVUSA Member
The NTIA (U.S. Government agency in charge of the coupon program) probably didn't consider that the 90 day expiration date would be an issue in the first place, but since there are almost 50% of the coupons expiring before use...It's a huge oversight.

Even if Congress eliminated the expiration date on the $40 coupon cards, they would still have to print new cards for expired coupon holders. The reasoning? Once your old coupon card expired, the funds were immediately returned to the NTIA converter box coupon program, and used to fund other DTV coupon applicants cards. Refunding the old expired cards would be a huge accounting debit and credit mess.
That's an understatement! It's just typical rethugliCON thinking... :eek: or rather lack of thinking... about the general population. They don't care about poor people. Just their rich buddies that will fund their re-election campaigns or rebuild their houses. :mad: I'm so glad they got voted out! Hopefully this coupon program will receive more funding ASAP!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
That's an understatement! It's just typical rethugliCON thinking... :eek: or rather lack of thinking... about the general population. They don't care about poor people. Just their rich buddies that will fund their re-election campaigns or rebuild their houses. :mad: I'm so glad they got voted out! Hopefully this coupon program will receive more funding ASAP!
Now, now...They're all crooks in my book, regardless of political association. :p

It's interesting to see the Dems pay so much attention to the digital transition, now that Bush is out. The program does need funding, something the Republican appointed FCC chairman didn't address until about a month ago or so. It's time for him to be booted from his position! That's for sure.

Chickie

DTVUSA Member
Now, now...They're all crooks in my book, regardless of political association. :p

It's interesting to see the Dems pay so much attention to the digital transition, now that Bush is out. The program does need funding, something the Republican appointed FCC chairman didn't address until about a month ago or so. It's time for him to be booted from his position! That's for sure.
"They're all crooks in my book, regardless of political association."
Hard to tell, as the last Admin was in the control of the rethugs. ;)

But FCC Chairman Martin is..... gone!!!! :D

He, he, he!!

Last edited: