Using a splitter

nicknac

DTVUSA Rookie
Hey guys Im new here and was wondering if I could get some info concerning my hookup. I have a outdoor antenna from radio shack (the best they had). From there I used a splitter and split the signal to 3 tvs. I got good reception with one tv but the other is hopeless maybe 3 channels out of 16. My converter boxes are the Zenith 901 model. Do I need amplifier of some sort?? Please help!!:eek:

Last edited:
Hey guys Im new here and was wondering if I could get some info concerning my hookup. I have a outdoor antenna from radio shack (the best they had). From there I used a splitter and split the signal to 3 tvs. I got good reception with one tv but the other is hopeless maybe 3 channels out of 16. My converter boxes are the Zenith 901 model. Do I need amplifier of some sort?? Please help!!:eek:
depends on the distance from the transmitters if the transmitters are 45+ miles away place a channel master titan 7777 preamp at the antenna this will boos the signal to the split er be sure to put the power source for the pre amp behind the split er. if they are closer than 45 mile put a distribution amp between the first tv and the next two. but not in front of the first tv if it is getting strong signals you will overload the tuner.:)