Using more than four receivers

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Is there a switch which will allow the use of more than four independent receivers using the same dish? Thx.
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Yes there is. I can look a little closer tonight when I get home, but I think this will work for you.
DIRECTV SWM SWS-4 4-Way Wide Band 2 - 2150 MHz Splitter SWS4WB Slim Line SWM Technology 1 Input 4 Output High Isolation Vertical Slimline 1 Port DC Path Satellite Splitter Video 75 Ohm Signal, Part # SWS-4: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office F

CadDad

DTVUSA Member
I haven't had dish for a couple of years, but I always thought that the DirecTV dish had a 4-way (output) multiswitch inside it. Jut a thought. :gramps:

Piggie

Super Moderator
I haven't had dish for a couple of years, but I always thought that the DirecTV dish had a 4-way (output) multiswitch inside it. Jut a thought. :gramps:
And you can connect an 8way switch to the 4 way. The old style SD versions of DirecTV you could double outputs of the dish with a special splitter.

CadDad

DTVUSA Member
And you can connect an 8way switch to the 4 way. The old style SD versions of DirecTV you could double outputs of the dish with a special splitter.
I see, I had a completely different idea on my mind, looked it up, and was wrong.