Using old analog VCR

bmar45

DTVUSA Rookie
I purchased a Zinwell ZAT-970A converter box. I can receive the digital signal if I'm just watching TV. But when I try to record a program on the VCR, the only thing I can record is an analog program. When a test was recently done (in the Chicago area), I could not record anything on the VCR. What am I doing wrong.

I purchased a Zinwell ZAT-970A converter box. I can receive the digital signal if I'm just watching TV. But when I try to record a program on the VCR, the only thing I can record is an analog program. When a test was recently done (in the Chicago area), I could not record anything on the VCR. What am I doing wrong.
Nothing the VCR cannot see the digital signal as it has a analog tuner the only way around it is to buy a vcr with a digital tuner.:)

ydelle

DTVUSA Rookie
digial tv analog vcr???

I have an rca digital tuner 20'" tv and want to use my analog vcr do I still m=need a converter box. Do I set it up the same way even though my tv get a digital signal??

you dont need a new vcr, your old one will work fine.

Watch the video i linked you to. I tried all my vcr's and it worked with all of them and all mine are years old.