UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide! - DirecTV

UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide! - DirecTV

This question is about "UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide!", with DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports. During last night's (10:25pm Pacific time Oct 19th) set top box (STB) firmware update, the Channel Short Cuts function for the on screen tv guide was eliminated. That means you can NO LONGER view tv channels by category to see what's on at any given time, e.g. SPORTS, NEWS, VARIETY, MOVIES, LOCAL, GOVT, etc

There were many ON SCREEN GUIDE CHANGES for which Uverse TV customers didn't receive any notification of + TV service was interrupted for 5 to 7 minutes during tv prime time watching. Yet customers receive plenty of promotional Uverse emails, but no notification of a very serious change to the STB functionality?

Also, my Favorite channels were deleted & I had to manually restore them.

This comes

G

Guest3

AT&T Tech Confused

Yes, I spent about an hour on a chat with a UVerse tech and he didn't even know about the changes! No wonder he couldn't answer my questions. He just said, "I'm sorry" about 20 times.