V

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
I love sci fi and really dug to classic mini series V back in the early 80s.

Premieres tonight, cant wait!

Last edited:

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Review : TV & Radio : Miami Herald

'V': The saucer-shaped bandwagon

BY GLENN GARVIN

magine this. At a time of political turmoil, a charismatic, telegenic new leader arrives virtually out of nowhere. He offers a message of hope and reconciliation based on compromise and promises to marshal technology for a better future that will include universal health care.

The news media swoons in admiration -- one simpering anchorman even shouts at a reporter who asks a tough question: ``Why don't you show some respect?!!'' The public is likewise smitten, except for a few nut cases who circulate batty rumors on the Internet about the leader's origins and intentions. The leader, undismayed, offers assurances that are soothing, if also just a tiny bit condescending: ``Embracing change is never easy.''

So, does that sound like anyone you know?

continued...

Review | 'V': The saucer-shaped bandwagon - TV & Radio - MiamiHerald.com

Thomas G

Contributor
I liked the series back in the 80's too, but from the previews I've seen it looks all glammed up. Guess I'll find out tonight. Thanks for the reminder!

Lurker Lee

DTVUSA Member
I've seen the ads and am recording it. How many episodes are there, anyone know? If it's just a couple, I may just record them all and watch them in a row.

I remember that the series was on before, but for the life of me I don't remember imuch about it.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I liked the series back in the 80's too, but from the previews I've seen it looks all glammed up.
I couldn't imagine anything more "glammed up" than the original.

IMHO, the original sucked. Last night's episode showed some really great production values, by comparison -- good acting, interesting plotline, etc. And they didn't fall back on just letting it be just like the original in any way... they worked to make it something new, just based on similar premise. Excellent.

Thomas G

Contributor
I couldn't imagine anything more "glammed up" than the original.

IMHO, the original sucked. Last night's episode showed some really great production values, by comparison -- good acting, interesting plotline, etc. And they didn't fall back on just letting it be just like the original in any way... they worked to make it something new, just based on similar premise. Excellent.
Wow, I don't remember that. I watched for a little while last night before having to run some errands, but from what I saw it did look good. The special effects were pretty good too.

Bicker, is that your autograph? :p

Piggie

Super Moderator
Review : TV & Radio : Miami Herald
It sounds like Hitler to me..... Maybe Castro? Chairman Mao?

OMG!! You mean Obama.

Lord have mercy.......

The man with all the public appeal, giving the public the music they like to listen to ? That guy? Then he give industry the action, turning his back still singing to the masses while he does the same dang things Bush did? That guy?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I'm not interested in the new V. I watched the original and just don't want to see it abused like Syfy did to Battlestar. I have to admit I'm not high on watching Marena (not sure of her spelling). She was an alien on Stargate SG-1 and drove me crazy.