Verizon Home Phone

We are interested in the Verizon Home Phone, our cell phone service is a little weak (1 bar) inside our home but outside like half way up a 40 foot TV tower we have good signal. They have signal boosters for cell phones at about $250-$300 each. The home phone has a short antenna, so my question is could an outdoor antenna be connected to the phone antenna at a lower cost and where would I purchase or could I build an antenna myself?
Thank You
Stan

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
If you have solid internet, consider using Magic Jack or some other inexpensive service for home phone service.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Verizon fios plans are not available for us. I will look into Magic Jack for home phone service.
Stan
I've had Magic Jack phone service for 5 years now. I've had a few minor problems in that time, but I have been happy with it. I was paying $35 a month for landline and that included NOTHING. Now I can call US and Canada anytime and talk as long as I want, service is currently $3o a year. I plug it into a UPS, so even if the power goes out I have phone service. I take it with me when I travel abroad so I can call home for free as long as I have internet access. I sent one to relatives overseas - now they have a US phone number and we can talk for free anytime.