Vizio back on top of list for LCD HDTV makers

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Vizio now has 18.5% of the LCD HDTV market, which is good news but the bad news is that the industry saw a decline in sales by 3% year-over-year.

Irvine, CA – June 20, 2012 — VIZIO, America’s #1 LCD HDTV Company*, announced today that it outperformed the industry as the number one shipper of LCD HDTVs in Q1 2012 in the U.S. with a market share of 18.5%*. With a brand recognized by 8 out of 10 Americans**, VIZIO’s leadership extends beyond LCD HDTVs and into the fast-growing sound bar category where VIZIO is #1 with a 27.5% market share***.
Vizio LCD HDTV shipments -- Vizio tops industry in Q1 of 2012

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I purchased a 37" Vizio at the first of the year. (That was the largest HDTV that would fit in my built in TV shelf in the familyroom.) I got it at Walmart for $398. Picture quality is excellent, and the OTA tuner is strong. What it is missing is a signal strength meter and an Electronic Program Guide (just tells you what's on now).

It doesn't surprise me that the market is down given the current state of the economy, and I'm not expecting the economy to improve.