Evaluation: Walmart to Unlock America’s Favorite Movies with Exclusive Vudu Disc2Digital Service

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Interesting idea, but my $2 to $5 won't give me an actual digital copy of the DVD/Blu-ray. It will only allow me to stream the movie -
Walmart Entertainment supports UltraViolet, the movie industry's initiative currently in its beta phase that allows consumers to put their purchased movies into a cloud-based digital library and keep track of them safely and securely. Walmart is able to offer customers the ability to watch and purchase UltraViolet-enabled titles directly from VUDU.
-and that's something completely different. I can't, for example, put the movie on a portable device and drive down the road with the kids watching in the back seat, or on an airplane, or when I go anywhere without wireless internet access.

The other point of failure here is that VUDU is not available on Roku devices, the most popular streaming device on the market.

So I'll be saving my $2-$5, and rip my own movies to a digital format that I can take anywhere and play anywhere, on any device.

actually.....YES....its called Vudu2Go an App/Program that allows u to download a copy of your Vudu movies onto any device loaded with the app/program and watch them on the go......