Watch digital TV on my lcd monitor

Xerxes

DTVUSA Rookie
Hello,

I have an Acer H233H LCD monitor. It has an HDMI input, but I am using it for my Xbox 360. It also has a VGA and DVI input.

My question is, is there a way I can watch digital TV on this (local stations, FOX, NBC, ABC, etc)? I assume I need some kind of box to receive the digital stations still. Do I need a digital antenna too?

What's the best way to go about doing this? Is it possible to split the HDMI input and share it with the 360 and an incoming dtv signal, if that's easier/cheaper?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Eureka

DTVUSA Member
If you want to watch OTA TV through your computer, get a tuner card or USB tuner stick. If you just want to watch TV without having to boot up the computer, get a standalone HDTV tuner for OTA. This one has VGA output.

Xerxes

DTVUSA Rookie
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

The LCD is not hooked up to a computer... I'm just using it as a TV. My 360 is connected to it, and I'm using it to watch movies streamed via Netflix and watch DVDs. There's no computer involved (but I guess I can hook it up to a computer if that's easier?).

Eureka

DTVUSA Member
Simpler to just get a standalone HD tuner with VGA output, since you're already using the other jacks on the monitor.

You'll need a TV antenna, too. There's no such thing as a "digital" antenna. For antenna suggestions, enter your address here, and post the results page back in this thread. Your address will not display on the linked results page.