Weatherscan - XFinity

The Weatherscan Local channel has been available in my area ever since I moved here over 7 years ago. I've often put it on when The Weather Channel was showing its original programming or devoting its coverage to a hurricane, winter storm, or other severe weather somewhere else. At those times, Weatherscan was very handy because it always showed the local radar and other information, which TWC often doesn't do during those times. I especially liked Weatherscan's availability when we were having severe weather here, because it would suspend the usual looping of information and show just the local radar. This made it possible for us to monitor the severe weather. I just tried to go to Weatherscan, and it's showing a notice to tune to TWC or local broadcaster for information, instead of showing the weather information. I can't begin to tell you how angry this makes me. It might seem like a trivial thing to Comcast/xfinity. But, to be honest, the availability of Weatherscan has been one of the reasons I've stayed with Comcast/xfinity for these 7 years, because of the reasons I've given above. My apartment complex has a deal with AT&T and I've resisted switching to it so far, in spite of issues I've had with Comcast/xfinity. But the dropping of Weatherscan Local here might just give me the reason for changing. This was a bad move, even if the majority of customers don't care about it!

This question, "Weatherscan," is about XFinity-Comcast TV channels, programming, and sports.

For other news regarding Weatherscan, and XFinity - Comcast cable tv services, see the recommended stories below.

G

GuestJim

Bring back Weatherscan

I agree. TWC has so much non-weather related programing (in my opinion) that it is not my to go place for weather. Bad storm here and no place to go except the internet.

G

I am in total agreement with Guest 2...very upset that Xfining/Comcast is dropping Weatherscan...As it is, I do not watch only but a handful of the channels offered...and one of them that I've always tuned into was Weatherscan...I LOVED IT!...It was always accurate and the best part was that I could plan my day with the breakdown of when rain or any type of bad weather was arriving...I also enjoyed the music...found it very relaxing...Out of all of the many stations that are worthless...I just don't understand why they are tampering with this one...WHY!!!!!!!!!!

G

Yup. Just gave xFinity customer service heck about this. There really isn't another source that does local streaming radar. I am reconsidering my subscription options, too.

L

Lacking news

Email to consumer complaints @FCC.gov or call them at 1-888-225-5322. Tell them how important weatherscan is for the public.