2. Guam
3. Mexico
4. China
5. Iraq
6. Afganistan

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Israel? (Not saying that to stir any pots, but in fairness we do give them a lot of money and weapons.)

US Virgin Islands

American Samoa

- Trip

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Trip,

I don't think we should be giving away our tax dollars to anyone, but singling out Israel makes no sense. We give a lot of Countries money and weaponry. Check out this US Government website and compare the dollars given to Israel V other middle eastern Countries or to the entire Region (minus Egypt, which is on a different list). The PDF page covers Countries around the world and the numbers are in millions, so add 6 zeros to each entry. The 2010 Statistical Abstract: Foreign Aid Your tax dollars at work ...

Jim

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
Trip,

I don't think we should be giving away our tax dollars to anyone, but singling out Israel makes no sense. We give a lot of Countries money and weaponry. Check out this US Government website and compare the dollars given to Israel V other middle eastern Countries or to the entire Region (minus Egypt, which is on a different list). The PDF page covers Countries around the world and the numbers are in millions, so add 6 zeros to each entry. The 2010 Statistical Abstract: Foreign Aid Your tax dollars at work ...

Jim
I don't think he was singling out Isreal ( though they do get the most money ) many other countires had already been mentioned so why mention them twice. And really it's not our money anyways it's China's money.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Trip,

I don't think we should be giving away our tax dollars to anyone, but singling out Israel makes no sense.
Looking at document 1263 about economic and military aid by country, after Iraq and Afghanistan where we have a strong presence due to President Bush's invasions, the next highest amount of total aid for any given year on that chart is to Israel.

I assume you were actually directing me to 1261, but even there, I'm assuming "Middle East" is supposed to be a bolded category due to the countries below it almost summing to that amount. If that assumption is correct, then Israel is at the top excepting any country except Egypt a few times. (Except 2006, what is up with that one?)

Note that I'm not making any statement about whether or not Israel SHOULD get our support (I prefer not to get involved in a debate about it) but it would seem to me that Israel is definitely near the top, if not at the top, of countries receiving money from the US.

- Trip

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Document 1263 is a real eye-opener. I think Isreal AND Russia (and a few others) should be taking care of themselves. It's like a healthy person collecting disability payments!

Last edited: