What about TV with built in digital

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
Now how come we cannot get this with all the high tech digital TV's out there. They should have built in converters in them. I cannot believe that there is not a way that they can just make TV's like that saving people money.

if your tv has a digital tuner then you do not need a box the box is to convert the digital signal to analog for older tvs that have analog tuners:)
If your tv was built in the last year or so it could have a digital tuner but those built a few years back especially the tube tvs have analog tuners.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Now how come we cannot get this with all the high tech digital TV's out there. They should have built in converters in them. I cannot believe that there is not a way that they can just make TV's like that saving people money.
You sure are busy today with your questions in the DTV section! (hehe jk!) :) In all seriousness, I think Cowboy hit the nail on the head with this one too, if you've purchased a TV in the past year or two, most likely you'll have a digital tuner in it. What kind is it?

Last edited: