What are your favorite TV rabbits?

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
What are your favorite TV rabbits? (And no, I'm not talking about rabbit-ear antennas!) :bunny:

There are lots of cartoon rabbits (from those in adaptions of Beatrix Potter stories, to Fluttershy's bunny "Angel" in My Little Pony), but there are also rabbit-like characters in movies (such as Donnie Darko and Harvey) and live-action shows where real bunnies show up occasionally (Royal Pains or Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

What are some of your favorites, or what other surprising films and shows have you noticed bunnies in?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Of course if you really like Rabbits, From the silver screen: The Curse of the Were Rabbit
This is a fun movie.

From the Internet Movie Data Base:

Wallace and his loyal dog, Gromit, set out to discover the mystery behind the garden sabotage that plagues their village and threatens the annual giant vegetable growing contest.

The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) - IMDb

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
As bunny mentioned, from 1950 on the silver screen there is a classic: Harvey

From the Internet Movie Data Base:

"Because of his insistence that his companion is an invisible six-foot rabbit, a whimsical middle-aged man is thought by his family to be insane - but the man might be wiser than anyone knows."

Harvey (1950) - IMDb

Last edited:

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
All those mentioned are cool... my favorite of the cartoon rabbits would probably be Peter Rabbit, cause I am obsessed with Beatrix Potter. I like the ones that look more real, as opposed to the highly stylized goofy ones like "Rabbids" and the ones in My Little Pony.

But I have a rabbit, and I collect stuff with rabbits on... so I also love when I see real life rabbits in the shows, as a pet, just in the background even. I like watching something unrelated and suddenly a bunny pops up!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
My favorite rabbit of all time -- Sheriff bing bing bing Richochet Rabbit! Loved him! There's a bobblehead of him for sale on Amazon sometimes and I always wish I could afford it. lol

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
Bugs Bunny is kind of classic, isn't he? I've also watched a lot of My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, but I don't know how someone could like Angel that you suggest! Maybe he's developed in season 4, I stopped in the middle of season 3 and from the very beginning to the very end he was mean :(

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
My least favorite TV rabbit:

My favorite rabbit:

(Jessica Rabbit. She's not bad. She's just drawn that way.)

Last edited:

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
When growing up it was Bugs bunny. But that was because he always basically seemed very "calm" bout everything. Now, for the last few years I have basically kicked bugs to the curb and am after the Donnie Darko Bunny.... Oh so cool! Then again, it did take me like 3/4 times watching the movie really figure out why it was there... But that is beside the point.... LOL If I could find a Donnie Darko Costume I would so wear it for hollows eve. But wouldn't go near my cousin, due to the fact that she is deathly terrified of any bunny you can think of. She would probably try and stab me! But at least I would be nice and warm walking around and also the fact that no one can actually see me. I really don't do so well on Hollows eve as is, considering, no matter what I seem to do, I always run into a clown. That makes me panic and lose it. Very terrified of clowns. Thanks to the movie IT

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
Even though they originally were made for the big screen, I grew up knowing the Bugs Bunny shorts as my favorite TV show. The newer made-for-tv Looney Tues shows that my son watches on the Cartoon Network actually make me laugh too, which was a pleasant surprise.

I missed Roger Rabbit in the theaters as well, but loved it when I finally caught it on the TV. But if forced to choose, it would have to be Bugs.

I have to go with Bugs Bunny followed by Roger Rabbit. I grew up watching Looney Tunes and then the follow up Tiny Toons. That was when cartoons were worth watching. I don't know what comes on today but I can't stand to watch a few seconds of it. And although Roger Rabbit probably was inappropriate for me at the time I still think its a classic.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
My least favorite TV rabbit:

My favorite rabbit:

(Jessica Rabbit. She's not bad. She's just drawn that way.)

I actually had the rabbit device a while back, it actually was not bad at all. But, unfortunately I lost my device, but that's ok, I have netflix now, so I am not to mad at myself.