What are your thoughts on Washington and other states legalizing marijuana

Honestly I believe there is no harm in it because this type of substance has not killed anyone, unless someone was spiteful and had it laced with some bad drugs. Cigarettes are truthful more harmful than marijuana will ever be. Other states are making a big deal over the states that do have it already legalized , but what about all the other serious things out there in the world like people using harder drugs. Wouldn't it actually be nice to just have people use marijuana rather than use the hard core stuff. Maybe people will turn more to smoking pot verses shooting the bad things into their system. Common sense says if it's good enough to be given to cancer patients , than why isn't it good enough to be smoked by anyone. For the record I am not trying to be funny about the statement with cancer patients because my mother was a cancer patient and she died back in 2011. I am just showing a point and or example. They need to legalize it in New York state because if it does become legal in this state than I will be one of the first few people to open up a shop. Besides it's a fast way to make money. I refuse to sell it now because it is illegal. But if it's legal there is no harm in it. I am unemployed right now and barely making it funds wise. My man and I have a 9 month old baby to fend for and I was forced to quite my job. So would I love to have it legal here , right about now, surely. I'm just thankful that I have food in my fridge and baby food for my boy or else I would be really messed up. God has been good to me and I am really trying to focus on doing the right thing. Which is why I refuse to get out there and distribute the illegal stuff. So, they should just legalize it.

The police would have one less thing to worry about. Than people wouldn't get harassed for some simple as this type of substance. Finally the end to the stereotype would be put to rest. For years people thought marijuana was dangerous, when it's not. They can now see the truth. Like I said previously that the only way it will be dangerous is if someone sneak and put some bad drugs in the pot without someone knowing In that case it can be dangerous, but normally it isn't. Now the only thing is does do is mess with people brain cells are far as making their cells work a little slower. Yeah that may seem real dangerous, but it doesn't lead to death is the key and the important factor to consider .

Jim5506

DTVUSA Member
If you're unhappy with the life you have crafted for yourself, you want a cheap escape, even if it may make your situation worse.

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

OTOH, making criminals out of these dolts is more damaging to society than leaving them alone.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
If you're unhappy with the life you have crafted for yourself, you want a cheap escape, even if it may make your situation worse.

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

OTOH, making criminals out of these dolts is more damaging to society than leaving them alone.
To each his own. The government allows certain substances and chemicals based on....whether they're "bad" for you but why pot has taken this long to be approved is beyond me. Caffeine is much more addicting and harmful than pot. Many over the counter medications are much worse and addicting.

Some escape by watching movies, some escape by taking vacations, others do by drinking alcohol. I don't judge. To each his own.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I personally think that I wouldn't mind to much if it were legal. (Then again I keep hearing rumors of it being legal in missouri now, but I actually don't know) My thing is is that I don't want to be with someone that feels they have to "depend" on it just to make it through the day. I know two people like that. My grandma is one of them. The other is my ex-husband, who I should say never touched a drug in his life until, for some unknown reason right before I had my daughter who is 5 now, wanted to try weed. Then all of a sudden he said he needed it to function... Myself personally, I never minded it before that time because I grew up with it. But after he started smoking it non-stop everyday all day I just can't stand it anymore. My husband now is actually allergic to the THC in it. So he can smoke it but it makes me really really sick. Even smelling it can make him really sick.

I personally think that I wouldn't mind to much if it were legal. (Then again I keep hearing rumors of it being legal in missouri now, but I actually don't know) My thing is is that I don't want to be with someone that feels they have to "depend" on it just to make it through the day. I know two people like that. My grandma is one of them. The other is my ex-husband, who I should say never touched a drug in his life until, for some unknown reason right before I had my daughter who is 5 now, wanted to try weed. Then all of a sudden he said he needed it to function... Myself personally, I never minded it before that time because I grew up with it. But after he started smoking it non-stop everyday all day I just can't stand it anymore. My husband now is actually allergic to the THC in it. So he can smoke it but it makes me really really sick. Even smelling it can make him really sick.
Wow that's messed up that he's allergic to it. I don't think I have ever met anyone or ever heard of anyone being allergic too it before.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Wow that's messed up that he's allergic to it. I don't think I have ever met anyone or ever heard of anyone being allergic too it before.
If I remember right he is also the only one I have ever heard that is allergic to it as well. I actually felt bad because we were at her house and she smoked a joint in her bathroom and I forgot to tell her that he was allergic to it and she opened the door and the room filled with weed smoke and smell and he just got really sick. Needless to say I was saying sorry for a few days after and all he said to me was that it was ok.... But I still felt so bad.

ageematt20

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Being one of the nations young people many automatically assume that I am all for marijuana legalization. Although I am not against it I prefer to point towards historical facts and economical facts. First off historically everyone is well aware of the former prohibition on alcohol. Resulting from this was the illegal formation of bars (speakeasies) and more commonly in the area of this country I am from "white lightning" or moonshine. The prohibition allowed for illegal sale of alcohol and violence in the country. Today with marijuana we are looking at the same problem with the amount of violence that surrounds drug deals and drug cartels. Economically the ability to place taxes on the sale of weed would stunt growth in many areas. However I do believe that laws like the ones surrounding alcohol should be put in place. This also would make it harder (not impossible) for minors to purchase weed.

Being one of the nations young people many automatically assume that I am all for marijuana legalization. Although I am not against it I prefer to point towards historical facts and economical facts. First off historically everyone is well aware of the former prohibition on alcohol. Resulting from this was the illegal formation of bars (speakeasies) and more commonly in the area of this country I am from "white lightning" or moonshine. The prohibition allowed for illegal sale of alcohol and violence in the country. Today with marijuana we are looking at the same problem with the amount of violence that surrounds drug deals and drug cartels. Economically the ability to place taxes on the sale of weed would stunt growth in many areas. However I do believe that laws like the ones surrounding alcohol should be put in place. This also would make it harder (not impossible) for minors to purchase weed.
I don't agree with minors being able to purchase it or it being recreational as far as being able to smoke it in public because of the children. But just like when I was a teenager, no one was able to stop me from smoking as far as adults because they didn't know I was smoking. By the time adults found out I was smoking I had already turned 18. I gave up smoking now , it's been almost four years. But even if they make laws so it's harder for minors to purchase weed, minors will do the same thing they do when they purchase alcohol underaged. They can get a fake id or they can have someone older buy it for them.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I worked security at bars, and the stoners never caused any problems. The drunks, however, get belligerent and want to fight... Booze is far more dangerous. Just my observations.

Pot was once legal, until prohibition. A little education on the subject would be in order, y'all.
http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/prohibition/

Last edited:

ageematt20

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I agree that minors will always do whatever they want, but however growing up as a teenager it was always easier to get our hands on weed than alcohol due to the fact that fake id's can be found out, and with an increase of police attention of minors purchasing alcohol (particularly on liquor) weed was easier to obtain. Drug dealers do not check ID's or care how old you are just as long as you have their money. By putting the same laws on weed you would make it easier for law enforcement to catch minors trying to purchase it.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
As far as minors getting there hands on things they shouldn't... We all seemed to be very good at that... LOL But on a serious note yes it is actually much easier to get your hands on illegal drugs than ones that are now under the law, but not impossible. Heck, I was 12-13 years old drinking every night until I was 17 years old..... Needless to say, didn't end well. All because my mother was an alcoholic and drug addict. I haven't touched alcohol sense about a little over a year ago. And there is beer in this house almost every other weekend. Just because my husband will drink a few on the weekends. Which normally I don't mind because he finally relaxes and has a good time playing video games on the ps3. But as far as illegal drugs I have not touched them since I was 17. I started out with weed. Then decided to try the hard stuff. And NO I am not saying weed is a gate way drug... That is actually bull crap to me. But when you are living with a drug addict mother and your father is a drug addict and alcoholic as well. You sometimes tend to want to try the crap just to see if it will take away the overwhelming pain and crap you are facing... Which I thought was actually working.... Come to find out I was basically running from my problems by self medicating... Now its been about 9 years since my father has been clean and its been 9 years since my mother has been clean. Its actually nice to say that both my parents are doing great. Now as far as my father, I have told him that he actually needs to smoke weed considering it helps with eating and with his hands. When he doesn't smoke he literally cannot eat. Also for some reason he is losing all function in his hands. Now he cant drive,fish or hunt anymore or let alone hold anything. They cannot figure out why either. But he rarely ever smokes weed now and he barely eats at all. But at the same time he has a belly like Santa.... Which you would think he wouldn't considering that he goes sometimes days without eating... I personally think weed would be a big help for him, just to be able to stop hurting so bad.

As far as minors getting there hands on things they shouldn't... We all seemed to be very good at that... LOL But on a serious note yes it is actually much easier to get your hands on illegal drugs than ones that are now under the law, but not impossible. Heck, I was 12-13 years old drinking every night until I was 17 years old..... Needless to say, didn't end well. All because my mother was an alcoholic and drug addict. I haven't touched alcohol sense about a little over a year ago. And there is beer in this house almost every other weekend. Just because my husband will drink a few on the weekends. Which normally I don't mind because he finally relaxes and has a good time playing video games on the ps3. But as far as illegal drugs I have not touched them since I was 17. I started out with weed. Then decided to try the hard stuff. And NO I am not saying weed is a gate way drug... That is actually bull crap to me. But when you are living with a drug addict mother and your father is a drug addict and alcoholic as well. You sometimes tend to want to try the crap just to see if it will take away the overwhelming pain and crap you are facing... Which I thought was actually working.... Come to find out I was basically running from my problems by self medicating... Now its been about 9 years since my father has been clean and its been 9 years since my mother has been clean. Its actually nice to say that both my parents are doing great. Now as far as my father, I have told him that he actually needs to smoke weed considering it helps with eating and with his hands. When he doesn't smoke he literally cannot eat. Also for some reason he is losing all function in his hands. Now he cant drive,fish or hunt anymore or let alone hold anything. They cannot figure out why either. But he rarely ever smokes weed now and he barely eats at all. But at the same time he has a belly like Santa.... Which you would think he wouldn't considering that he goes sometimes days without eating... I personally think weed would be a big help for him, just to be able to stop hurting so bad.
That is true weed might the edge off your fathers pain. The reason why he lost all his function could be from the years of all the drug use he did. Drugs have a messed up on effect on people bodies. Even though the effects might not have showed during his time of usage. Now that he has stopped for 9 years, his body is reacting in a negative way and all the times of usage may very well be catching up to him. I am so proud of your parents and God bless them. It takes strong will power and true acceptance to over come a lifestyle like that. There are a few people who I know that are addicts and seeing what how they function , the reaction of their bodies after they get that hit is sad. As far as using stuff as a way to cope, oh do I know what that feeling is like. I use to have very low self esteem and be addicted to sex. So, when I got to talk to a man , I would put in mind they cared about me even though I know they didn't , just so I could block out the stupid choice I had made to have sex with them. It sucks being a addict of any kind. I was a sex addict for years and just imaging I am turning 24 years old tomorrow and I have been addicted to sex since I was a little girl. I had sexual encounter before my teen years , but didn't have sexual encounters the normal way until I was 16. Once I started being active , it's like I was drawn in to have more and more. Some people would read this and say it's a shame. But like I said when a person is addicted to something, it is hard for them to overcome the situation until they have gotten to the point of strong will power and acceptance. Once I really accepted that I was tired of living that way and needed a major changed. I prayed to God, accepted the facts and overcame the situation. It's been two years since my addiction has gone away. Now I am a mother who has a 9 month old baby and have change my ways. My son do not have to be exposed to those unhealthy situations. His father and I currently live together , and through prayer hopefully will remain together. Relationships are quite difficult sometimes because each individual have their own ways of doing things. Even though I enjoy being a woman sometimes it does suck that us woman have so much expected of us and if men does something not acceptable, us woman are the ones that have to kind of overcome the situation just because of who we're. Our feelings aren't thought about at times. But that comes with the territory. Everyone has a time if their life when they make unseeing choices. To be frank, I believe sometimes it is good to make bad choices because it teaches us to be stronger and gives us the knowledge to do better for ourselves. Now I'm not saying people should go around doing dangerous or silly stuff. But no matter how much my mother taught me well about life. She taught me the do's and the don'ts of life from actions to relationships. I always told her let me just make the mistakes basically that I am. That way I can learn because if a person just tells me not to do that or this and I don't have a taste of the situation than how will I really learn. We learn from our mistakes , sometimes and that builds us to be stronger, and able to help others. Of course do I wish I would have listened to her about something's, yeah, but now I am not naïve to the situations or in denial.

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
My opinion can be summarized very briefly:

If alcohol can be legal even though it hurts and addicts people and leads to them commiting crimes, then drugs should be legal, too.

If drugs must be illegal because they hurt and addict people and lead to them commiting crimes, then alcohol should be illegal too...

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
That is true weed might the edge off your fathers pain. The reason why he lost all his function could be from the years of all the drug use he did. Drugs have a messed up on effect on people bodies. Even though the effects might not have showed during his time of usage. Now that he has stopped for 9 years, his body is reacting in a negative way and all the times of usage may very well be catching up to him. I am so proud of your parents and God bless them. It takes strong will power and true acceptance to over come a lifestyle like that. There are a few people who I know that are addicts and seeing what how they function , the reaction of their bodies after they get that hit is sad. As far as using stuff as a way to cope, oh do I know what that feeling is like. I use to have very low self esteem and be addicted to sex. So, when I got to talk to a man , I would put in mind they cared about me even though I know they didn't , just so I could block out the stupid choice I had made to have sex with them. It sucks being a addict of any kind. I was a sex addict for years and just imaging I am turning 24 years old tomorrow and I have been addicted to sex since I was a little girl. I had sexual encounter before my teen years , but didn't have sexual encounters the normal way until I was 16. Once I started being active , it's like I was drawn in to have more and more. Some people would read this and say it's a shame. But like I said when a person is addicted to something, it is hard for them to overcome the situation until they have gotten to the point of strong will power and acceptance. Once I really accepted that I was tired of living that way and needed a major changed. I prayed to God, accepted the facts and overcame the situation. It's been two years since my addiction has gone away. Now I am a mother who has a 9 month old baby and have change my ways. My son do not have to be exposed to those unhealthy situations. His father and I currently live together , and through prayer hopefully will remain together. Relationships are quite difficult sometimes because each individual have their own ways of doing things. Even though I enjoy being a woman sometimes it does suck that us woman have so much expected of us and if men does something not acceptable, us woman are the ones that have to kind of overcome the situation just because of who we're. Our feelings aren't thought about at times. But that comes with the territory. Everyone has a time if their life when they make unseeing choices. To be frank, I believe sometimes it is good to make bad choices because it teaches us to be stronger and gives us the knowledge to do better for ourselves. Now I'm not saying people should go around doing dangerous or silly stuff. But no matter how much my mother taught me well about life. She taught me the do's and the don'ts of life from actions to relationships. I always told her let me just make the mistakes basically that I am. That way I can learn because if a person just tells me not to do that or this and I don't have a taste of the situation than how will I really learn. We learn from our mistakes , sometimes and that builds us to be stronger, and able to help others. Of course do I wish I would have listened to her about something's, yeah, but now I am not naïve to the situations or in denial.
Ya, my parents are actually much happier now that they are clean. But my mother always told me I had to learn from my mistakes as well. Which I never really understood until I got older. Considering that, I didn't seem them at the time as mistakes, just something I wanted to do. But as you get older you actually look back and realize how you have either 1. Changed because of the situations or 2. how you have hit rock bottom and can't seem to climb out. But I do have to say, every situation makes you stronger than the day before. There are days that I feel like I have basically been beaten with a semi-truck over and over again. But I think that is more of a "side effect" of taking on more than you can handle and stress. Which if you have been an addict of any kind, your body shows the affects after a while, I personally think that it is an affect to feel so beat up and run down after addictions. I mean, if we never had done any drugs and what not, what would we actually feel like? I mean, I watch my kids and they are so full of energy and they seem to be "well oiled" so to speak. I wonder if it would actually always be like that. Because 1. having that much energy, without a drug for help. Would actually be kind of nice sometimes! and 2. you never really seem to feel "sick" so to speak.

I cannot repeat this enough, marijuana is NOT a drug. My cousin was injured in a car accident and the only pain and body relief she ever got was when she was taking edibles or enjoying her volcano vape. I treasure every moment I spent with her, and most of those would not have been possible without marijuana. No matter your opinion on recreational use, marijuana has and will continue to be a godsend, and I will never forget those moments, and I thank marijuana for that. No republican, ignorant, unintelligent, witless, a$$holes will ever take that from me....

My opinion can be summarized very briefly:

If alcohol can be legal even though it hurts and addicts people and leads to them commiting crimes, then drugs should be legal, too.

If drugs must be illegal because they hurt and addict people and lead to them commiting crimes, then alcohol should be illegal too...
Marijuana is no more a drug then advil or nyquil.....

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
The difference is, how deep are the pockets of its supporters. I hate the whole take this, not that debate because it there is no sense why some things are ok and others aren't.

I think the governments and states are starting to wake up to the idea that there is big money in Marijuana taxation. Colorado made $2 million in the first month after legalization was passed alone.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I really don't consider it a drug, but I actually have no idea what to really even call it. So I call it what everyone has always basically called it. I feel, that if it is plant on this earth and God put it here. Then nine times out of ten, its actually not a bad thing... Although us humans can take something not bad and make it extremely bad. For example, lacing weed with meth... BAD!

The difference is, how deep are the pockets of its supporters. I hate the whole take this, not that debate because it there is no sense why some things are ok and others aren't.

I think the governments and states are starting to wake up to the idea that there is big money in Marijuana taxation. Colorado made $2 million in the first month after legalization was passed alone.
Right and the corporations supporting current "medicine," aka Phiser etc., have much larger pockets than those supporting legalization of marijuana. It is one of the most versatile, non-addictive, and only no-side-effect medicines available to humans. Anyhting can be laced, and in case you didn't realize meth is most commonly made with COUGH SYRUP and there has never been any case reported of meth laced marijuana...

I really don't consider it a drug, but I actually have no idea what to really even call it. So I call it what everyone has always basically called it. I feel, that if it is plant on this earth and God put it here. Then nine times out of ten, its actually not a bad thing... Although us humans can take something not bad and make it extremely bad. For example, lacing weed with meth... BAD!
NOBODY laces marijuana with meth.....