What channels available?

Carr

DTVUSA Rookie
Dumb question I'm sure, but what channels will be available with DT? Just the networks? I currently have FIOS and a new HDTV. To get cable channels, do I still have to subscribe to FIOS (which is expensive)?

OTA includes major networks plus some special sub channels like RTN This TV you would have to check it out to see attach an antenna to your HDTV and scan for channels to see what you get, if you give us your zip code we can be more specific about the type of antenna you would need. also OTA has some of the best HD out there so you might be suprise at the service from an antenna. how far are you from the transmitters etc, will determine the type of antenna needed.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
Dumb question I'm sure, but what channels will be available with DT? Just the networks? I currently have FIOS and a new HDTV. To get cable channels, do I still have to subscribe to FIOS (which is expensive)?
Depends on what type of FiOS you have. If you only have the internet package, then you're only going to get regular TV networks like the ones listed here (if you live in Los Angeles for example) http://www.dtvusaforum.com/everything-else/1681-los-angeles-ca-dtv-channels-available.html It all depends on where you live too, some cities have many more digital channels than others.

If you subscribe to the FiOS TV services, then you'll receive a bunch of different types of cable channels. Definitely more cost to you if you subscribe to their services.