What Device(s) Are You Hoping To Buy?

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
With Mobile DTV devices hopefully becoming available next year, what device(s) are you hoping to buy?

-Portable DVD Player with ATSC-M/H

-Netbook/notebook computer with ATSC-M/H

-Stand alone portable TV

-Smart phone with ATSC-M/H

-GPS with ATSC-M/H

Personally, I still miss TV audio in the vehicle. I would happy with a converter that can feed TV audio into the auxiliary input jack of my stereo in the vehicle.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I can't afford to buy anything to be truthful. I'm more in that mode where I'll need to replace my big screen tv in the next year or two, and that's my priority.

Smart phone with ATSC-M/H hopefully an iphone 5 ;-) soon with verizon,,,
i Really hope that more channels become available soon cause this limit really sucks

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
Tivizen Mobile TV Viewer

Mobile TV solution

I have been somewhat interested in the forthcoming Tivizen Mobile TV Viewer. In as much as a might really like having it totally integrated into the phone itself, this might be a pretty good device during the transition. I have been a little bit disappointed that the Mobile DTV (ATSC-M/H) hasn't come to my market sooner, but I understand that things take time. In the meantime I recently bought the Dish Network Sling Adapter and I have been using the Dish Remote Access application on my Garminfone. I added the T-Mobile data a couple of weeks ago and I went over 5 GB already. I am also looking forward to CES, which is less than a month away at this point. 2011 International CES, January 6-9 I suspect at this point there just might be some additional Mobile DTV products by that time.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
I am interested in buying an HD Radio tuner-converter for a friend's car. I found a HD ZOOM HDZ300 on Craigslist for myself late last summer and I ran out of good weather so I couldn't install it.

Does anyone have recommendations or experience with this Brand or any others? Thanks in advance,

Jim

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
I am interested in buying an HD Radio tuner-converter for a friend's car. I found a HD ZOOM HDZ300 on Craigslist for myself late last summer and I ran out of good weather so I couldn't install it.

Does anyone have recommendations or experience with this Brand or any others? Thanks in advance,

Jim
I have some HD Radios. I currently have:

-Insignia NS-HD01 HD Radio Portable Player

-Radiosophy HD100

-JVC's KD HDR1

I have also had the:

-Sony XDR-F1HD

-Sangean HDR-1

in the past. Are you just looking for a recommendation for a mobile HD radio?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Jim,

I'm looking for an HD Radio "converter" that uses the same existing radio in a car. The device I mentioned above takes over as the tuner.

Jim

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I still feel the same way. I still need my big screen TV but it has been delayed, dang finances. The closest thing to a new gadget that I bought was a mini cam, one of those things that fits into your pocket. That was radical. lol

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
I received an e-mail today confirming that both:

-KSTP-5

-KARE-11

in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul MN area are indeed transmitting Mobile DTV. I guess it is time to start getting serious about what I should do on this.

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
With CES 2011 underway, there is some more information coming out about Mobile DTV.

Mobile DTV Shines at CES 2011, by Doug Lung

CES: RCA unveils new Mobile DTV portable TVs - CES 2011 CNET Blogs

TVB | Ludwig Preps for Launch of ATSC Radio

The DMT3BR might be a good option for our Dodge Grand Caravan. If it can be used for audio only, then it would be a good choice. There are times when I am driving that I want to listen to TV Audio of local news. Needless to day, if I am driving I don't want to watch it, but having the ability to listen would be nice. Plus, when parked, I could watch on the monitor.

Pocket Mobile DTV Car Tuner Receiver DMT3BR ($119): Features a "discrete" design that is smaller than a deck of cards, hybrid ATSC or Mobile DTV reception, powered by car charger, easy connection to the car infotainment system's audio and video input jacks, remote control, and a monopole antenna.

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
Does anybody happen to know what the largest Mobile DTVs will be? The reason I ask is I was thinking that for the RVers and others where they could watch while someone else is driving that they might like to have say a 19" set. Also, has anybody heard if there might be more converter boxes coming out for Mobile DTV? I seem to recall reading that at least one will be coming out soon that will essentially allow those will already installed systems to cut over to ATSC-M/H.