What exactly IS 24 anyway?

This show has been on television for probably about 8 years now, and I still have never watched a single episode to date.

Can anyone tell me what 24 is about exactly, and also what is the number 24 supposed to represent?

Surely it can't be for 24 hours, when you consider just how long this show has been on TV!

Basically this series is about the fight against terrorism and 24 really means 1 day because 1 episode's story runs in a day mainly the main character (Jack).

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Basically this series is about the fight against terrorism and 24 really means 1 day because 1 episode's story runs in a day mainly the main character (Jack).
Er, the explanation is not quite correct, though. 24 does indeed represent 24 hours in the day, yes, but each episode, when aired on Fox and with commercials, does represent one hour in real time, with 24 episodes making a full day during a season's run.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
That's correct. And ... each season is the next day, as I understand it, so 6 years is six days. In other words, only 6 days after his wife was brutally murdered, he's in love with someone else. That's why I never watched after the 24th episode. Uh, exception -- 3 episodes with Michael Shanks.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
That's correct. And ... each season is the next day, as I understand it, so 6 years is six days. In other words, only 6 days after his wife was brutally murdered, he's in love with someone else. That's why I never watched after the 24th episode. Uh, exception -- 3 episodes with Michael Shanks.

Actually, this is not the case. There is a huge time span between each Day (or season). Day Two takes place a year after the events of Day One, whle Day Three leaps forward three years further. The series has had several Presidents - David Palmer, John Keeler, Charles Logan, Wayne Palmer, Noah Daniels and Allison Taylor - so the scenario of eight seasons = eight consecutive days is a misconception.

ausqtie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have never been able to get into “24”. I’m not sure if it’s the idea of a program under an hour being in a 24 hour span or if it’s just I don’t enjoy the plots. I know must shows are over 24 or even more time; however they don’t advertise it in the title. Ignorance is bliss.

dejavu19

DTVUSA Jr. Member
This show has been on television for probably about 8 years now, and I still have never watched a single episode to date.

Can anyone tell me what 24 is about exactly, and also what is the number 24 supposed to represent?

Surely it can't be for 24 hours, when you consider just how long this show has been on TV!

Same here. i always see it on commercial and on DVD's with full season collection but i never had a chance watching it. and also same to the prison break. :)