What Fantasy Sports are all about?

images (2).jpg images.jpg images (3).jpg images (4).jpg

Fantasy Sports has some realism to them , in a sense. Unlike owning a real sports team, which cost millions. Regular folks are given the opportunity to own their own team, but in a computerized setting. Folks can build their own teams and compete , just like in the real sports world, against other teams. There is also betting available . Fantasy memberships are entirely free to get started in the league. The first step to starting a fantasy team is to join a league. Go to the page name League Directory, in order to choose the team of your choice. http//www.ESPN.com/ has the fantasy sports available, in which you can sign up on that website. Next, draft your team. A fantasy draft kit is given to each member. Finally, all that is needed has been set. So, now it's time to play your team and have some fun. Get ready to win with victory. Knowledge of the sport you choose is probably ideal for success or take sometime to go on the internet and do some research on the subject matter, fantasy sports. Then if it seems like something you make take interest in , than give it a try. The game should be played strategically. Requires a scout that has true sportsmanship. Some of the sports that are involved in the fantasy league hockey, basketball, baseball, football, running and so forth. Honestly I never understood the whole fantasy sports world, until I decided to do this thread. My uncle in law is a fantasy league fan to the extreme. When we all use to live together , he called up ESPN everyday to find out how his team did and ever since I known him for almost three years now, he have owned the same team to my knowledge. Calling up faithfully and keeping track on every bit of detail. It's kind of funny how easily people can get sucked into a way of life so fast. I personally know how these fantasy fan get so into the whole life of sport. If you're the type of individual who love sports than maybe you should give it a try. To get that feel of how it feels to be in charge of your own team or organize things the way you want. If you ever have dreamed of owning your own team , than fantasy sports is definitely the way to go. At least you can have the ownership until one day when you may actually own your own team. Then if you get the chance to own your own team, you will already have the experience of what it takes to own a team, in a sense. I am a firm believer in if a person is determined and really believe in their dreams that those dreams will come true. It's mostly because of my faith background why I know dreams can come true. It's all up to the individual.

Here are some websites to check out. The simple guide to playing fantasy football on NFL.com - NFL.com.

Fantasy Basketball - Free Fantasy Basketball Leagues, Rankings and more -- ESPN

ESPN.com

At this website there are answers to a range of topics on fantasy sports: Answer | Open Fantasy Sports Questions – Yahoo Answers

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From doing some reach it does seem like yahoo is great for a lot of things. I love yahoo. There's so much to do on yahoo . If I do decide to get into Fantasy Sports, I will definitely use yahoo as my first choice.

You have to watch out on Yahoo though...I think they have a fantasy league for just about any sport! Next thing you know it, you will be participating in 4 x MLB and 3 x NFL leagues and wonder where all of your free time goes!!!!

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
You have to watch out on Yahoo though...I think they have a fantasy league for just about any sport! Next thing you know it, you will be participating in 4 x MLB and 3 x NFL leagues and wonder where all of your free time goes!!!!
Too true. I got sucked into a NASCAR fantasy league one year, without knowing anything at all about the sport. The round thing steers the car, the pedals make it stop and go. The track is round, the cars turn left the whole time. That's about all I knew. I ended up just choosing drivers based on how their names sounded to me. I didn't win, but I didn't come in last, either.

Well, there are paid leagues and free ones...you can basically spend what you want. I typically play in the free ones while once in a while playing in a paid one. The nicest thing about a low-cost paid league is you can ensure that "most" of the other players actually pay attention throughout the season!