what happened?

24katie

DTVUSA Rookie
Started using converter box back in February. Everything was okay, got channels I was supposed to. Then May came and I lost ABC, and all of the PBS stations. Now since the DTV switch has happened, I got PBS stations back, but no ABC and no Christian stations. I just don't understand what happened. I mean, at the beginning there was no problem. Then as time goes on, WOW!! All kinds of problems. Can someone out there maybe figure out how to fix the problem?

ercjncpr

DTVUSA Member
Viewers all over the country are having these same types of problems so you are not alone. Over the next couple of months , I suspect there will be a flurry of applications by stations to the FCC for a change in transmitter power, transmitter facility and/or location

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Started using converter box back in February. Everything was okay, got channels I was supposed to. Then May came and I lost ABC, and all of the PBS stations. Now since the DTV switch has happened, I got PBS stations back, but no ABC and no Christian stations. I just don't understand what happened. I mean, at the beginning there was no problem. Then as time goes on, WOW!! All kinds of problems. Can someone out there maybe figure out how to fix the problem?
24katie, Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. In many areas around the Country it will take a few weeks to get the stations settled into their new slot. If you would do a channel rescan using the CECB setup menu when these problems arise, you should get the channels back.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I've scanned a few times in the last 24 hours and each time except for one, new channels were added. I'm going to continue scanning every now and then because I'm hopeful stations will boost their power. I would think they'd need to or they aren't going to reach their viewing audiences. This is going to affect the precious TV ratings.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I've scanned a few times in the last 24 hours and each time except for one, new channels were added. I'm going to continue scanning every now and then because I'm hopeful stations will boost their power. I would think they'd need to or they aren't going to reach their viewing audiences. This is going to affect the precious TV ratings.
I've done the same thing here. It will take several weeks until everything has smoothed out. Just rescan occasionally.