What happens if I answer Yes on the coupon form for having cable

DaveNY

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The question "Check the statement below that best describes your household*" has this answer listed: "All or some of the TVs in my house subscribe to one or more pay services, such as cable or satellite."

Will that affect whether I'm approved for a $40 coupon?

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
If you say "Yes," you won't get a coupon, since the cable or satellite company would have something available to give you vital information, in case of emergency. There may be a cost for such equipment, such as rental charges per box.

The FCC requires cable subscription providers to carry the main channel of each local network, but NOT the sub-channels.

Real strange, isn't it?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
If you say "Yes," you won't get a coupon, since the cable or satellite company would have something available to give you vital information, in case of emergency. There may be a cost for such equipment, such as rental charges per box.

The FCC requires cable subscription providers to carry the main channel of each local network, but NOT the sub-channels.

Real strange, isn't it?
I've talked to many people who checked the YES they have cable and they received their $40.00 coupons. They wanted to get rid of their cable. At one point a year ago I heard the Government kept a data base and could tell if you had cable or not. I kind of doubt that. I wouldn't recommend anyone lie to get a coupon though.

Lurker Lee

DTVUSA Member
I answered yes to cable both times I ordered (I let the first set of coupons expire and had to reorder). Both times I received coupons. I think a lot of people don't have cable in every room, and so they may need converter box for those TVs. I know I have a sun room that doesn't have cable, but I'd like to watch TV there occasionally.

Plus, if cable goes out and I don't have a converter box, I'd be out of luck!