What is a good wi-fi router for a new Hitron modem? - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "What is a good wi-fi router for a new Hitron modem?", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I'm still grandfathered in with TWC for internet (24 mbps DL/2.4 mbps UL) and basic TV (using DTA boxes which are small enough to fit in their places at my parent's house). The Spectrum road crew had to replace a bit of line up on the pole, blame the squirrels. They replaced their modem with a new one that can handle up to gigabit speeds. But they couldn't get my old Netgear N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (WNDR 3400) to work with the modem. I could buy a replacement on Amazon for $50 if necessary. The old 2011 Dell computer is malfunctioning with BSOD's, flash freezes (mouse, keyboard, and clock freeze and I need to reboot), BIOS beeps meaning the RAM is out. There was a flash freeze when they hooked the modem up to the computer and I had to reboot. The Spectrum crew was ready to leave in the middle of a speed test during boot-up that showed 1 mbps DL + less UL. The computer wasn't done booting so I tried to test again a minute later and got 24 DL + 2.4 UL (but I'm disturbed the crew was going to walk out on me during the first test and just blame my computer).

I'm wondering what kind of router I should be buying for this new modem. I have to use wi-fi to use my cell phone because I only get 1 or 2 bars. I hope to upgrade to a 5G phone in the next year or two. I assume Spectrum will eventually kick me up to their 200/10 plan so a 5G phone might work on that if I'm still at 1 or 2 bars.

My old router is only 100 mbps ethernet, so I think I need something better. I never use the USB on routers but USB 3 might be a convenience. The Dell computer ethernet is a Broadcom Gigabit.

What is a good wi-fi router for a new Hitron modem??