What is your favorite Candy Bar?

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
I love chocolate candy bars! Yummy!

That is a really hard question.

Snickers is great, but I dont know if its my favorite.

Perhaps Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

Heath or Skor, chocolate covered toffee. I prefer Skor...these are great chopped up in vanilla ice cream!

Dont forget Butterfingers! Also fantastic in vanilla ice cream!

Kit Kat and Twix are nice!

Peanut M&Ms are fantastic, certainly a favorite. Great for hiking and backpacking GORP.

Can't forget Almond Joy, these are great to take fly fishing, as they tend to hold up well with a bit of warmth.

Then there is the fantastic Whatchamacallit!

For something a bit different there is the PayDay, salty nougat peanuts!

Also the Zero! Anybody try these, they are fantastic but hard to describe. White chocolate covered nougat.

Im going with Hershey's Pot of Gold Pecan Caramel Clusters!

What say you?

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
lol. I'm a Twix dude. It's the crunch with the caramel that I like but I try to stay away from them. Usually, my mouth says no but my fat gut says yes.

Thomas G

Contributor
3 Mustkateers here. :) Chocolately on the outside, chewey in the middle, just like I like my women. JUST KIDDING HONEY (if she ever sees this)!!!!!

cclc

DTVUSA Member
Mallo Cups.... Put one between grahm crackers and pop it in the microwave and you have an instant smore, coconut flavored. Yeahhhh...:dancing:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
candy bars and shaving cream... what a topic!

U-NO Bars (from the 1930's thru the early 1990's) were the best because they have comparatively very little sugar. I haven't seen them in several years ... sigh ...

I miss Moll'e brushless shaving cream too. Awesome stuff if you are a blade shaver (with lanolin!!!). I wish I could find it again and I'd buy enough cases of it to last me for the rest of my life. Seriously.

Jim

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
This is tough. I love Hershey Milk Chocolate, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, PayDay, Snickers, Reeses, Three Muskateers, Goobers ... and the list goes on. I think my favorite changes from time to time. These days, they cost so dang much I rarely buy them.

Orrymain

I think I heard about that, but I've never had it. I do love Kit Kats. They aren't quite as good as the old waver bars they are based on from back in the 60's. Man, those were really good.

EscapeVelocity

Most Popular Candy Bars

Everyone has their favorite candy bar, the one they still might occasionally grab while waiting in line at the convenience store.

The Snickers bar, created by Mars Inc. in 1930 is a chewy nougat center with peanuts and caramel on top, all covered in a layer of milk chocolate. It was named Snickers after one of the horses of the Mars family who invented the candy, but sold as the Marathon bar in the United Kingdom. It had global annual sales of over $2 billion last year, becoming the most popular candy bar in the world. However just a few years back, the Mars bar held the top spot among the most popular candy bars, for most of the 20th century.

The Mars bar was created by Mars Inc. as well, in 1936. The international version of the Mars bar has always been different than the United States version, as it does not contain almonds like the original formulation. Both versions are a chocolate malt nougat center with caramel on top and covered in a layer of milk chocolate.

The Mars bar has been renamed to Snickers Almond in 2000, which may have been a huge mistake on the part of Mars Inc. In 2000, annual sales of the Mars bar reached over $2 billion, but by 2002 they had dropped to $1.09 billion.

Last edited:

EscapeVelocity

Top Ten Candy Bars US

Snickers
This candy bar includes milk chocolate, caramel, nougat and roasted peanuts. It entered the market in 1930 and is named after a favorite Mars family horse. It is currently the No. 1 candy bar on the market. Like its motto, "Hungry? Grab a Snickers!"

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Harry Burnett Reese first put chocolate over peanut butter cups in 1923. He was a Hershey employee and worked on the project on the side, so he wouldn't have it stolen. When Reese's entered the world, it was sold in vending machines. In the 1940s and 1950s, the orange-packaged candy found its way to fame in stores worldwide.

Kit Kat
Originating in England in 1935, Kit Kat was first known by another name, Rowntree's Chocolate Crisp. In 1937, it was changed to Kit Kat, The chocolate-cover wafer candy bar gets its name from the famous 18th century literary club, the London Kit Kat Club.

Butterfinger
This combination of peanut butter, chocolate and butter has existed in the candy market since the 1920s. Created by Curtiss Candy Corporation and Otto Schnering, one of Butterfingers' first marketing scheme was dropping the candy bars from airplanes in nearly 40 U.S. cities. Their popularity soared as a result of this campaign.

Milky Way
Made from milk chocolate, malt-flavored nougat and caramel, Milky Way, or Mars in places other than the United States, debuted into the candy market in 1923. Created by Frank & Forrest Mars, their goal was to create a chocolate malt flavored candy bar. Milky Way lovers can now enjoy three types: Original, Lite and Midnight.

3 Musketeers
First introduced in 1932, the 3 Musketeers candy bar include three main ingredients: strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Over time, the bar evolved into the milk chocolate and all-chocolate nougat enjoyed today.

Baby Ruth
Another bar created by Curtiss Candy Corporation, Baby Ruth made its debut in 1921. The company claims its namesake is in tribute to President Grover Cleveland's daughter named Ruth. Others believe it was an attempt to make money off of popular baseball player at the time, George Herman "Babe" Ruth.

M&Ms
While not a candy bar, M&Ms fit in the candy market so well, they are counted by several candy experts. Forrest Mars took a trip to Spain in the late 1930s. He noticed that many soldiers during the Spanish Civil War were consuming small chocolates covered in a sugar shell. Ultimately, this shell kept the chocolate from melting. In 1941, M&Ms were debuted. Hence, the motto for M&Ms was "melts in your mouth, not in your hand."

Oh Henry!
The Oh Henry! bar combines chocolate, caramel, fudge and peanuts. Created by Williamson Candy Company in 1921, the namesake came from a young boy who would go into the company and flirt with the women. Their response to him was "Oh Henry," and the name stuck.

Hershey Bar
Milton S. Hershey began manufacturing chocolate as early as 1894. As a treat to the soldiers, he sent 30-pound chocolate blocks overseas. After the war was over, soldiers bought the chocolate for 5 cents. Hershey's bite-size Hershey Kisses came to life in 1907.

Last edited:

Orrymain

I'm not surprised by any of that. All good stuff. Snickers fills you up; a bite goes a long way. Butterfingers when light and crispy are addictive. I get too many that are hard as rocks though.

Orrymain

I just reach over and grab some candy. I happen to have a bowl full of miniatures of all kinds at the moment. It works great for reading this thread.