What is your favorite sport?

I was just curious what everyones favorite Sport happened to be, and what makes you like it as much as you do?

I have always been more of a Baseball fan than anything, particularly a Phillies fan, and of course it goes without saying that I hate the Yankees! :D

Even when the Phillies are having a terrible season, I still want to cheer them on and hope they turn it around.

How about yourself, what's your favorite sport?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
ditto that one Jim. :second:

Actually, I've been an F1 fan for some time though I haven't had much time to watch over the past few years. Would love to visit the Nurburgring if I can ever get over my fear of flying for more than an hour.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay,
I have a friend who took a drivers' school at 'The Ring' two summers ago and he brought me back a 'Tee' shirt with the course printed on it. As awesome as it still is, its been shortened by many miles over the years.

I took my first drivers' school on a closed area of a small airport (airport racing is very, very fun) and my second school at Sears Point Raceways-renamed Infinion Raceways. Hmmm ... I think its about time for me to watch the movie Grand Prix again.
Jim

PS Thanks for the excellent link!

Last edited:

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Open wheel and F1 type racing is a crashing bore to me.

My favorite racing is...

Rally Racing
Off Road Racing
Touring Car Racing

I do watch NASCAR, and prefer it to open wheel closed circuit racing and F1 and Indy Car type racing. The fact that there is a lot more contact in NASCAR makes it much more interesting than F1 and Indy, open wheel racing. Though some NASCAR tracks are real snoozers.

So it looks like I am the only Baseball fan here, honestly I am a little bit shocked!

Ahh well, Baseball fans are common enough elsewhere I suppose...but it still does surprise me a little bit that i'm apparently the only fan here :(

I still do not completely understand why I have had so much trouble getting into other sports, but Baseball has always just sort of clicked with me in a way that most other sports have ever been able to do.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
As a kid, I was a baseball fanatic -- Oakland A's originally, then the Yankees, then the California Angels, and then back to the A's again. Then sometime back, I jsut sort of lost interest. There wasn't anyone that brought me in. The steroid thing has been a big negative. McGwire and Bonds should have their records taken out of the books, seriously.

Now it's NASCAR that floats my boat. I'm very into watching it.

I grew up as a Phillies fan and I remain one to this day, through all of their times both good and bad.

The Yankees are probably the only team that I have difficulty respecting due to the obnoxious fanbase and obnoxious, greedy players. They have had a ton of success also, so i'm sure that part of my distaste is because of jealousy as well.

Orrymain

The only reason I followed the Yankees for 5 years was Reggie Jackson. Reggie's my all time favorite player so when he ended up a Yankee, I didn't have much of a choice. I barely survived, but they had Ron Guidry then, and I liked him, too.

Orrymain

I've never really had the opportunity. My sister stayed at a friend's house for a few weeks once and they had a table and I was able to play some then. That was decades back. Played a few times elsewhere, but mostly just 'playing' and not playing, if you know what I mean.

The only reason I followed the Yankees for 5 years was Reggie Jackson. Reggie's my all time favorite player so when he ended up a Yankee, I didn't have much of a choice. I barely survived, but they had Ron Guidry then, and I liked him, too.
Reggie Jackson is definitely one of the all time great Baseball players, and I think it's worth mentioning that I DO NOT HATE the old Yankees (as in 1970's and earlier), but I do not consider the Yankees of today to even be the same franchise anymore, ever since Steinbrenner took over and the Yankees became the "money guys" for greedy players who wanted the absolute biggest salaries they could get. That isn't Baseball to me, that's building overpriced All-Star teams.