Question: What kind of head phones for DCM 260 CD player & old Technics stereo receiver?

I have a Denon DCM 260 CD auto changer and a Technics by Panasonic stereo receiver. I have no way to test them as I have no speakers or headphones. What kind of headphones would work? I am hoping to find some inexpensive ones on Ebay, but I don't know what to get, or even what type to search for.

I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with other headphones. The diameter of the hole is 1/4".
Amazon offers a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter (located here) for $1.19 if you're looking to use regular headphones with your stereo receiver.

Welcome to the forum by the way! :becky:

Edited: Linked to wrong one (had the opposite of what you needed for a minute).

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Since it's a vintage amp, perhaps a pair of vintage headphones?
Pro and home stereo headphones have 1/4 inch plugs. If you want to use newer 3.5 mm (1/8") headphones with a home stereo you will need a 3.5mm to 1/4" Adaptor.

Here's a link to some headphone info:
Main Page - Wikiphonia

And an audio forum's headphone section:
Headphones - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

You may also want to check out Amazon:
Amazon's headphone store

You can spend HUNDREDS of dollars on headphones, but IMHO (as a former soundman) you don't have to spend more than $50 to get a good set of "cans". No sense in paying that kind of money just because some lame hip-hop "artist" put his name on it (word to Dr. Dre). The Sennheiser HD 202 II is a great set, and can be had for about $25. The Monoprice 8323 is also a great value at $29.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, that puts me on the right track. One more question: Can I hook the speaker that goes with my computer (it's the kind that you have to plug into an electrical outlet) to one of these adapters, and will it work?

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Thanks everyone, that puts me on the right track. One more question: Can I hook the speaker that goes with my computer (it's the kind that you have to plug into an electrical outlet) to one of these adapters, and will it work?
It will work, but if you push the volume too high, you risk blowing the speakers. If you do it, set the volume very low.