What kind of kind of programming would you like to see more of on PBS?

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
Top on my priority would be to add more science programs. Even had an idea for a new show. Something like a DIY meets Mythbusters for amateur home scientists.

How's bout a antique show where they go on the road and give estimates on stuff that people bring in.

Except with Cameron Diaz as the host.

In a swimsuit perhaps.

Small swimsuit.

:dancing:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I actually like the musical specials, even, gasp, Lawrence Welk. I love seeing Barry Manilow, Celtic Woman, etc. I'd like more of that but as part of their regular programming.

I do like the documentary idea, too.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
As I mentioned in the other thread, I really want to see a follow up to Manor House, Frontier House, Colonial House, Texas Ranch House, etc.

bebop

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Top on my priority would be to add more science programs. Even had an idea for a new show. Something like a DIY meets Mythbusters for amateur home scientists.
Conservative... :)

And kids shows that show real situations instead of overly-fantasy based, magic, or kids disobeying their parents. There are some good shows already, but it wouldn't hurt to have more good ones and less of the rest.

I support our local PBS each year since the kids started watching some of the shows.

Welcome to the forum, bebop!

Personally, I like nearly all of the PBS stuff (except the kids programs).

IMO, PBS does the best job and is the channel I watch the most. (Not really into fiction.)

I firmly believe if all of the broadcasters would use their sub-channels, there would be a mass exodus from pay television.

bebop

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It does seem kinda silly to pay for programming that comes free OTA anyway (NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC, CW, PBS - in my area). I still watch other channels, but those are the main ones I watch. Now if I could also get ESPN in HD for me and TLC for the wife, we'd be off paying for TV pretty much completely.

I would like to see more BBC Comedy programs, especially some of the ones which were not shown in the U.S yet.

Also I would love to see them start showing Sherlock Holmes again, since I haven't seen any of that on PBS in quite some time.