What sub-channel do you watch the most?

Piggie

Super Moderator
PBS World, followed by NyNet, then CW , then Create

Which is all the sub channels I receive OTA. But in most 100 plus markets, CW and MyN have their own main channel, so to a lot of folk CW and and MyN are not subs.

Now on satellite, I see subs on the Military Channel. And on Sci Channel they have those research subs too. Do bathyspheres count?

Last edited:

TardisCaptain

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I've been watching a lot of ThisTV, especially after they added Stargate SG-1. I've also enjoyed Universal Sports.

I'd still like to get RTV, .2 Network (when it launches), Omni Broadcasting & TuffTV.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I don't get that many channels, and I don't get RTV, so I have to go with This TV as being my favorite. I watch a few hours of it.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
ThisTV is my favorite sub but that's only because we don't have RTV. Still I like Sea Hunt, The Outer Limits, Bat Masterson, and the late night horror movies that they're showing this month.

My second favorite sub is PBS World so yeah, I'm diverse. :)

I like This T.V. and RTN. I know this is off topic can some one point me to the answer, when a broadcaster has CBS -1080 , ABC-480, and Fox 480 all on one channel ( 7 WTRF vhf ) at 25.4 kw how is the power split between sub-channels ? Or do they not split broadcasting power?
Stan

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
re: favorite sub-channel

Aaron,

It's RTV/RTN for me. It was the first sub-channel my original setup detected and The Rockford Files was on with a rock-solid signal. It's on channel 26.2 on a "local" CBS translator.

What a kick it was for me when I learned from the Chief Engineer it's ERP was 40 watts at the time, yet 17 miles away! He was amazed. It bumped up to 900 watts ERP last Spring according to the REC website.

Received here on a CM-4228, 80 feet of lossy, spliced coax and line-of-sight over Elliot Bay. Still, special to me. I also receive my Fox 13s (on 13 VHF) on the same antenna.

Now, if they could please get the lip-synch right ... :dance:
Jim

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Aaron,

It's RTV/RTN for me. It was the first sub-channel my original setup detected and The Rockford Files was on with a rock-solid signal. It's on channel 26.2 on a "local" CBS translator.

What a kick it was for me when I learned from the Chief Engineer it's ERP was 40 watts at the time, yet 17 miles away! He was amazed. It bumped up to 900 watts ERP last Spring according to the REC website.

Received here on a CM-4228, 80 feet of lossy, spliced coax and line-of-sight over Elliot Bay. Still, special to me. I also receive my Fox 13s (on 13 VHF) on the same antenna.

Now, if they could please get the lip-synch right ... :dance:
Jim
40 Watts and 17 miles is darn impressive. The CM-4228 is a champ though. I wish I could throw an 8-bay'r up where I'm at, but I don't think the apartment manager would appreciate it too much.

I've been thinking about getting rid of Direct TV for some time now. I've got a pretty good local market with RTV, PBS, and our locals, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. :)