Question: what to receive and also what to purchase

jerry101

DTVUSA Rookie
i'm new to this forum so please bare with me, the question i have is i want to find out what type antenna i would have to buy and what and how many channels max will i receive, i live in the northwest part of las vegas at (main cross roads). i have a couple of trees on my neighbors property about twenty five to thirty feet tall and no other tall structures except a steeple maybe 50 ft high on the southeast corner of (main cross roads) any help would be appreciated.......

Last edited by a moderator:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I'm not sure where you are based on your discription but here is an approximate tvfool. TV Fool You may get by with an indoor antenna. If not a small VHF/UHF outdoor antenna pointed at about 130 degrees magnetic will get you great reception. As far as channels are concerned. Vegas TV Stations

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Most houses in Vegas are stucco - they have wire mesh under the stucco.

I'd really try to get your antenna outside. All transmitters are located on Black Mountain in Henderson, you should just need a small antenna, like the RCA ANT-751
rca ant751 - Google Search

The big problem is going to be KSNV-DT, NBC - channel 3 (RF channel 2) being low VHF.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Mr Pogi,

Do you think if he used a 'modern' indoor antenna that also has traditional 'rabbit ears' \/ he could receive RF channel 2?

Jim

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
The problem would be the metal mesh in most stucco houses common to the deserts.

If it is most any other construction, it should be okay.