What would the TV show about your life be like?

Mine would definitely be one of those cheesy "girl comes of age" stories, though I'd like to think it would have less mumbling than something like Frances Ha. Maybe the show about the girls who make fun of the girls from Girls? That sounds about right.

How about you guys?

Great question! I'd like to think that my life would be something fun and upbeat like Friends or How I Met Your Mother, but honestly, it'd probably be a Nat Geo documentary on how the human brain functions on little-to-no sleep, ha.

The adventures of a girl who dares anyone to tell her she cannot do something despite all the trials and difficulties. There would be some comedy in there and also a healthy dose of geek-ness. :D

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Which period of my life are we talking about? There is "The Single Guy" period, the "Friends" period, the "Fatal Attraction" period, and the "Cheers" period. So, I'm good for three TV shows, and a movie!!!

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
Step 1: Take The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Remove all conflict. All of it. Rename the narrator to me.
Step 2: Make that into a boring TV series which revolves around a friend circle rivaling that of Friends.
Step 3: Let the cameras role.

Voila- my life as a TV show.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Well lets see... My teen years would be geared towards a "emotional/mental illness" type show related with problems. My adult years would be geared towards "Fun/emotional/drama" related type show. Now only if I could figure out shows or movies that actually have all that and name them I would.lol

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
If I replied with Game of Thrones would anyone believe me? How about The Walking Dead?

As cool as those shows are, it would be absolutely horrifying to live in them.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
Mine would be funny I think, with many gags and mean little conversations and encounters, a show full of fall humor and sarcasm, but sometimes cute too. Like I am :)

My television show would be about the truth. In other words I would have some of the events that took place in my life. What I did when those events presented themselves and how it has affected me today. Basically most of my life I have struggled in many different departments of being a female. From relationships, choices with men who weren't worth two cents, anger, my funny moments in life, my happy moments in life, my relationship with my mother, families and friends. Show how some way I would find a way to turn the stories into a lively version , with some comedy and humor. That way the show is not dual, sad or depressing. People would get to see who I really am and I believe they would learn to understand and appreciate me more from seeing my life on a screen. It would have a Tyler Perry edge to it as far as my faith in God. There are many people I would love to have stare in my shows. Jim Carey, Jamie Fox, of course Kevin Hart because he is hilarious . Hart would bring that oomph that's needed for my show to have that appreciated humor. Also, Beyoncé, Jay-z, Tyler Perry, Tracy Morgan, Arnold Schwasnager , Kim Kardashian , Megan Good, Angelina Jolie, Tanning Chantum, Brad Pitt and so many more. Those are just an idea of the types of actors and or actress I like. With all these different combinations and sense of humor or talent, my show would sure be a hit.

Well lets see... My teen years would be geared towards a "emotional/mental illness" type show related with problems. My adult years would be geared towards "Fun/emotional/drama" related type show. Now only if I could figure out shows or movies that actually have all that and name them I would.lol
Is it okay that that description immediately made me think of Grey's Anatomy? Are you a doctor?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Were you Glenn Close or Michael Douglas? Either way sounds AMAZING.
Fatal Attraction might not have been the right plot, but it is a movie that includes a character with Borderline Personality Disorder. My ex has BPD, and my life while married to her was certainly a psychological thriller. It could be likened to living through "The Walking Dead."

Fatal Attraction might not have been the right plot, but it is a movie that includes a character with Borderline Personality Disorder. My ex has BPD, and my life while married to her was certainly a psychological thriller. It could be likened to living through "The Walking Dead."
I guess that's more of a Girl, Interrupted sort of thing! Also I guess I can only make movie references today. But if your life really is 'The Walking Dead' that sounds a little bit exhausting to say the least.

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
I'd wish for my life to be like Doctor Who... but so far it's more like the part where the companions wait years for the Doctor to show up... haha

Although I actually do think certain parts of my life would make a good TV show, but since I actually want to write the show someday, I can't give away too many details. ;)