What's the fastest comcast modem to get?

U

Unregistered

I'm going to have Comcast internet connected at my house this week and instead of renting a modem, I'm going to buy one. Which is the fastest cable modem to get?

DOCSIS 3 might be more than you need, actually. I have a DOCSIS 2 modem and get 20 Mbps download. I'm only paying for 5 Mbps. They got the wrong filter on der. :becky:

DOCSIS 3 might be more than you need, actually. I have a DOCSIS 2 modem and get 20 Mbps download. I'm only paying for 5 Mbps. They got the wrong filter on der. :becky:
I would say the vast majority of modem buyers would benefit more from DOCSIS 3. Especially with streaming Netflix HD or downloading music and movies.

I would say the vast majority of modem buyers would benefit more from DOCSIS 3. Especially with streaming Netflix HD or downloading music and movies.
Can you explain how? I have to say even 10 Mbps should be adequate for that, maybe 20 Mbps for 3 people maxing out at the same time. TWC offers 50 Mbps in my area, and they don't even support DOCSIS 3. What percentage of end users even have DS3 support available? I know older DOCSIS 2.0 modems were limited to 42 MBps, but even so ... Don't the "vast majority" have a limit on bandwidth?

R.