What's up with Miley Cyrus?

Some people just cannot handle the pressure and strain of fame. Whether their own or their parent's it can break them. And I think that is what happened to Miley.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
Miley Cyrus is a victim of the expectations placed on artists in the pop music business. She wants to make money, but can't keep up without selling out her dignity. She says it's her "being herself" and such. I say that's bologna. She is seeking attention in any way, and if that's really her true self, then she should be trying to become a better person, to mature, instead of letting her inner-oversexualized and immature self roam free. There's a difference between being yourself and accepting that you're in the wrong. Should kids who love doing drugs "express themselves" as well, by keeping a self-destructive habit? If the answer is yes, then Miley Cyrus is being a perfect role model.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Miley Cyrus is a victim of the expectations placed on artists in the pop music business. She wants to make money, but can't keep up without selling out her dignity. She says it's her "being herself" and such. I say that's bologna. She is seeking attention in any way, and if that's really her true self, then she should be trying to become a better person, to mature, instead of letting her inner-oversexualized and immature self roam free. There's a difference between being yourself and accepting that you're in the wrong. Should kids who love doing drugs "express themselves" as well, by keeping a self-destructive habit? If the answer is yes, then Miley Cyrus is being a perfect role model.
That is so true. But there is only one song of hers that I ever listen to now (Can't think of the name) but as to do with basically getting over obstacles. She should actually listen to the words of that song, and the meaning and take it to heart. She actually needs to sit down and totally re-think everything!

It breaks my heart to see the downward spiral she is taking. I used to love watching her when she was on the Disney channel. Her show Hannah Montana actually reminded me of some of the good shows from my youth. She has so much talent that she is throwing away by ruining her reputation. I really wish that someone would shake some sense into her head. The bad girl role has been done to death.

Pop stars make very poor role models, especially new female pop stars nowadays.
So very true. saddly I think that could be extended to most celebrities. There are few models, stars, musicians, and actors/actresses today that I would point to and tell my kids that is who they should be like.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
Really stupid I think, instead of being a role model that she could be, she tries to get everyone to pay attention to her through hating her... I guess fame addicts, though I don't know why anyone would sell their good name for being talked about

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
So very true. saddly I think that could be extended to most celebrities. There are few models, stars, musicians, and actors/actresses today that I would point to and tell my kids that is who they should be like.
The one actor I point out is Will Smith. I just love the way he is! He is still the funny guy off of fresh prince, but older and more "settled" down so to speak.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Really stupid I think, instead of being a role model that she could be, she tries to get everyone to pay attention to her through hating her... I guess fame addicts, though I don't know why anyone would sell their good name for being talked about
I personally, don't understand why people would rather be badly talked about. Even if you are causing it to happen on purpose. I mean its makes some people actually feel bad, when they didn't even really do anything and people still talk crap about them. Hint Hint high school kids, talking bad about someone who they don't even really know. Saying things like "there clothes are so ugly" not really knowing that those kids families might not be able to afford new brand name clothes. I really hope that made sense....

The climb may be the song you are thinking of. Yes, she does need to evaluate. She see herself as a Madonna type shock factor but unfortunately doesn't have the maturity or the business mind to do what Madonna has done. Madonna's shock factor was carefully planned and thought out, this young girl is just throwing it all out there recklessly.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
The climb may be the song you are thinking of. Yes, she does need to evaluate. She see herself as a Madonna type shock factor but unfortunately doesn't have the maturity or the business mind to do what Madonna has done. Madonna's shock factor was carefully planned and thought out, this young girl is just throwing it all out there recklessly.
I actually think that if celebs are being reckless its actually time for them to get a new profession. Considering some part of them either are not actually happy in what they do or they just can't handle the stress of it all. They really need to consider the stress of a job before ever really going into and whether or not they know they can handle it. Or if they are not sure they can handle, at least have someone you see to "relieve" the stress, so to speak. Like talk to someone.

That is truth. I have two young sons (11 & 10) and they have a pretty bad view of her and many of these girls. Our value system in our home has taught them over the years that self respect is high priority. My 10 year old was asking all kinds of question about these girls on TV/Radio and he said it perfectly, they clearly don't respect themselves. It's like watching train wreck after train wreck, people buy into it because they love watching these people destroy themselves.

Pop stars make very poor role models, especially new female pop stars nowadays.
Pop Stars, Television (especially the Disney mill) Actors/Actresses, Athletes....There is not many in the world of fame to look to. I guess when you think about it, they didn't sign up to be role models they signed up to be stars, we the people want to add the tag of role model.

DM28

DTVUSA Member
As others have mentioned in this thread, this is what happens when you grow up as a role model for kids everywhere but have pretty much no freedom to do what you want and you see how all of your money goes to your parents. Good on her I say!