Where Celtic Woman Goes, Celtic Thunder Follows

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
It amazes me the success that these two groups have had. Both were created essentially to do a show for PBS and both now are legitimate, big earning Irish performing groups. It took me a while to warm to Celtic Thunder; they don't quite gel as much as the Woman do. Are you fans?

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
I am still a fan of Celtic Woman though they change too much. There are some singers from the past I am missing.

For Celtic Thunder, in my opinion there is nothing celtic on them. They are a group a singer trying to be celtic. It´s nothing but marketing for me.

Orrymain

It is too bad that the turnover has been so big on Celtic Woman but some of them want solo careers, I guess. My favorite is Chloe, so as long as she's there, I'm good. I like Lisa, too.

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
Truly it is the same to me. Without Chloe still being around them and singing with the voice of an angel, I would already turned away from them.

Am I wrong or isn´t Chloe doing a solo career beside this? I remember that there was a new Cd from her...

Orrymain

Actually they all have solo albums and such, Chloe included. Some just want that to be their primary gig, so they've left. I think there's a new one now but I haven't seen the group lately to know for sure.